I need help...70-200 problem

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Maestrodawg1, Nov 4, 2005.

1. I was shooting at a park with my 70-200 VR at the park a couple of days ago a\on my D70. I was shooting in Apeture prioity mode at f8. All of a sudden all shots started to be seriously overexpoused. To keep a long story short I tested the camera with 3 other lenses with no problems so it isn't the camera's fault. Through trial and error I learned that the lens is stuck on an apeture of f/2.8. Any ideas of how I can fix this or is it a trip back to the factory. There wasn't any trauma to the lens, it just stopped working. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Andy,

Several of us had metering problems on a trip to Florida earlier this year, and all were cleared up by wiping the contacts on the lens and / or TC. I hope that's all that is all that is wrong with yours. :eek:

3. interesting that you bring this up. It also happened to me one cold morning last week. I would meter the shots in manual (70-200VR lens attached) set the camera and the shots were completely blown. I switched to program mode for a few shots of medium toned items (grass etc) and it did ok. (I guess it was compensating for the aperature) I did not and still do not know that it was stuck on 2.8 but willing to bet it was the same problem. I switched to 12-24 lens and shot for awhile with no issues and basically forgot about it..... till now. See the comments I made in this post https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=56160

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017