1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I Need Help For Christmas Parade Shots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rbsmith, Dec 13, 2005.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Tonight is my Towns Christmas parade. I think I can get onto the judges stand to take pictures. I will be using a D2X with either a Nikon 35-70 2.8 or a Sigma 18-50 2.8. Where do you think I'll need to have the iso set to get a some good shots. I'll need pretty good depth of field and enough shutter speed to stop the motion. The streets are fairly well lit and of course there are a lot of Christmas lights.

2. marc

marc Guest

good day

i tried to shoot a xmas parade at disney last year, i found it difficult at best

problem, at disney they turn off street lites so iso and slow shutter bad karma

can you use a tripod on judges stand? you need fast lens, you need sufficent light to shoot at 1/125 minimum. parade is moving people in parade are moving

not impossible , but challenging

good luck

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I am planning to us a tripod unless its too crowded. Most of the street lights are the lamp post style and lower than the judges stand. So I may be shooting out of darkness into the light. Light are not extremely bright.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.