I need help for today's photos

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by gbenic, Apr 8, 2007.

1. I am going to be shooting indoors without flash. I will use my 50/1.4 at 1.4 or 1.8. I am shooting 800 speed film. If I set the camera to aperture priority, the shutter speed will fall to low for me. I planned on shooting in manual mode with a shutter speed of around 60. When I look in the viewfinder, the exposure meter shows that I need correction. Since I don't want to change shutter speed or aperture, the only way for it to center is to run the ISO up. Way up. What will the results look like. Is that what I should be doing? Or should I drop it to ISO 200 or lower and let the developer deal with it? Perhaps I should be doing something else?

I know with my D70, I need to run the ISO up to pick up shutter speed. I also pick up noise. I am just not sure what happens with film.

Thank you in advance.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Unlike digital Greg, ISO is not as adjustable with film. Most films can be 'pushed' one stop higher. Some back and white films can be pushed 3 or 4 stops. If you are taking the film to a lab for processing, then you will need to be sure they can push the film. Generally pushed film has more contrast and more grain than normally processed film.

3. I'm just gonna hope for the best! I should have them developed soon.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    What film, iso and development process?

5. dabluedevil

dabluedevil Guest

I was gonna say just shoot for 1600iso and dev accordingly. Its not that drastic of a push and should yield doable results.