I need help... hairstylist anyone?

Photo courtesy Dr A (Allen)

Okay... here's ol' tired me. One of the few images where I don't look completely stoned. I'm one of those people that close my eyes at the same instant the flash goes off.

But that's not my only problem. lol

My hair ! :eek::eek: Humidity + thin hair + not the greatest hair cut.

I'm thinking of chopping it off. Something spunky and more energetic.
What do you think? Advice?

Don't tell me to go to one of those other type of forums, this is seriously the only one I like and you guys kind of know me.

p176725644-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sen, I've done so many bobs and it's too "cute" on me. I don't want to look like a soccer/suburban mom because, I simply am not. Maybe I'm having a near mid 30s crisis, but I'm thinking of doing something wilder. LOL

I have Bill, but I'm not sure I'm that brave.

Something fresh and free (like you), low maintenance (2 kids and hubby to worry about!), creative (like you) and cool (think North Carolina!!). That's the limits of my styling abilities--mine is gray and sort of curly, untidily long, but can often be very short.

Sen, I've done so many bobs and it's too "cute" on me. I don't want to look like a soccer/suburban mom because, I simply am not. Maybe I'm having a near mid 30s crisis, but I'm thinking of doing something wilder. LOL

I have Bill, but I'm not sure I'm that brave.

But Linda...shorter hair will make you look older...older women always have short hair...you are so youthful looking continue to look that way. I on the other hand need to start thinking I have to go shorter. My picture in my avatar is with my hair up in a banana clip. You can see strands of it falling down.

But you are a beautiful woman so I suspect any hairstyle with just make you looking even more pretty.

Hi Linda! This is a great photo!!

I'm sort of with Seneca on short hair often being seen on older ladies but... you have a great heart shaped face - what about having it cut so it sort of layers-in around your face (have it cut at with a razor maybe so it's sort of choppy??), just skimming the sides and stopping a fraction under your chin and having the back angled up? It would be shortER and so you'll probably get more body. You could dry it upside down (and/or do a little product crunching/schrunching) so the back is a bit flippy and the sides are sort of shaggy but angled - I'm thinking a little Meg Ryanish??

I'm with you on the humidity. I have flat ironed my hair every day since I was 15 - in the mornings I make the dash from the house to the car to the office with a woolly hat on my head to prevent the frizz.

If you can lay your hands on a can of Lee Stafford Poker Straight Dehumidifier Spray it may just change your life - do a google search and I'm sure you'll find tons of ladies raving about this sort of invisible mist that acts like an umbrella for your hair. I bring mine back from the UK - can pop an extra one in my luggage next time....

.. . cut so it sort of layers-in around your face (have it cut at with a razor maybe so it's sort of choppy??), just skimming the sides and stopping a fraction under your chin and having the back angled up? ... a little Meg Ryanish??..

Yeah--that's kinda what I was thinking, but didn't know the technical terms!

P

PeterRH

Thin hair with short hairstyles are very difficult to make work well without a lot of volumising and other maintenance every day.

I think Seneca's suggestion would work extremely well:

I say get a very loose body wave and just crunch it in the mornings with some gel and let it be loose like this...
http://www.rachelraye.com/images/RRcover350.jpg

You would look a good deal more stunning than the shot used as an example given your face shape and eyes (sort of Shania Twain x2 - you have been told that haven't you?), and it would be a lot more simple to maintain.

I'd try that route before going down the more drastic surgery you are considering.

Last edited by a moderator:
well... i know that others will more accurately advise you on an appropriate hairstyle

but, i just wanted to tell you how pretty i think you are
that's all

Something fresh and free (like you), low maintenance (2 kids and hubby to worry about!), creative (like you) and cool (think North Carolina!!). That's the limits of my styling abilities--mine is gray and sort of curly, untidily long, but can often be very short.

lol...you're so fun Nick!

But Linda...shorter hair will make you look older...older women always have short hair...you are so youthful looking continue to look that way. I on the other hand need to start thinking I have to go shorter. My picture in my avatar is with my hair up in a banana clip. You can see strands of it falling down.

But you are a beautiful woman so I suspect any hairstyle with just make you looking even more pretty.

Thanks Sen, I'm glad you decided to have fun with my silly question as well!

Don't look to me for hair advice, I don't have any.

I think you look great the way you are.
LOL! Hmm...now there's an idea. :biggrin:

Hi Linda! This is a great photo!!

I'm sort of with Seneca on short hair often being seen on older ladies but... you have a great heart shaped face - what about having it cut so it sort of layers-in around your face (have it cut at with a razor maybe so it's sort of choppy??), just skimming the sides and stopping a fraction under your chin and having the back angled up? It would be shortER and so you'll probably get more body. You could dry it upside down (and/or do a little product crunching/schrunching) so the back is a bit flippy and the sides are sort of shaggy but angled - I'm thinking a little Meg Ryanish??

I'm with you on the humidity. I have flat ironed my hair every day since I was 15 - in the mornings I make the dash from the house to the car to the office with a woolly hat on my head to prevent the frizz.

If you can lay your hands on a can of Lee Stafford Poker Straight Dehumidifier Spray it may just change your life - do a google search and I'm sure you'll find tons of ladies raving about this sort of invisible mist that acts like an umbrella for your hair. I bring mine back from the UK - can pop an extra one in my luggage next time....

Yeah! Something like that. I like razors better, I think that was what I didn't like about my last trim, she used scissors. Dehumidifier spray! Never knew they existed. Thank you.

siccors
Doesn't have too be ultra short, just a more defined or sharp line to compliment your nice cheek bones, ....I'm probably not making any sense. :tongue:
Exactly, more define cut, I think that's what I'm looking for. You totally make sense to me.

Thin hair with short hairstyles are very difficult to make work well without a lot of volumising and other maintenance every day.

I think Seneca's suggestion would work extremely well:

You would look a good deal more stunning than the shot used as an example given your face shape and eyes (sort of Shania Twain x2 - you have been told that haven't you?), and it would be a lot more simple to maintain.

I'd try that route before going down the more drastic surgery you are considering.

Surgery :eek: lol naa, nothing drastic. I'm doing all this with tongue in cheek, I'm happy you guys are willing to play with me, it's a pretty silly question but I've gotten great replies.
I think I've heard the Shania Twain resemblance only once before. I'm not a fan so I hardly remember how she looks like.

well... i know that others will more accurately advise you on an appropriate hairstyle

but, i just wanted to tell you how pretty i think you are
that's all

You're too sweet, thanks Greg. :Love:

What do you think? Advice?

My advice is to ask your significant other first. Sometimes we guys don't like surprises. :eek:

Seriously though, I think you would be pretty with any type of hairstyle.

Or, you could try it this way. :biggrin:

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's Tara Ward, BTW.

Another vote for short hair...One of the designers here has had long hair most her life and just got a short cut (kind of Cate Blachet style) and she looks a lot better. My wife also has short hair and she is worried it makes her look too young..but I love it!

Latest threads

Top Bottom