I NEED HELP WITH MY AVATAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...here I go showing just how dense we Massholes are once again

( We're allowed to be dense as long as the Patriots keep on winning superbowls).

I can't...no matter how or what I do...manage to maker an image small enough to get the damn thing all the way down to a KB size!

Anyone got any hints?????

Feeling kinda blonde... (please don't take it personally if you're really blonde)

JF

Jim,
Don't feel bad..

I have been fighting the 'avatar war' for days.......just can't get it small enough...

so it's not just you and hope that makes you feel better..........I'm watching to see if you get yours to work and then will try again for mine......

I think I have it at 80 by 80 and then it enlarges (on its own) and won't work......has me baffled and laughing at the same time.... guess it didn't like the picture I chose. Tried it four times and then quit :lol:

Good Luck!

Gaye

jfenton said:
Ok...here I go showing just how dense we Massholes are once again

( We're allowed to be dense as long as the Patriots keep on winning superbowls).

I can't...no matter how or what I do...manage to maker an image small enough to get the damn thing all the way down to a KB size!

Anyone got any hints?????

Feeling kinda blonde... (please don't take it personally if you're really blonde)

JF

Mine is a D2H 3200ISO shot, do you see the noise in it ???

No sir ...

HA HA, only 4 times? ;c)

Same here guys. I drove myself nut this AM trying to get my avatar shrunk down. Finally, after 4 times, I quit too! Went back 1/2 hr later, determined not to let this thing beat me, and on the FIFTH attempt, I succeeded. Don't even ask what it was I did to make it work, cuz I dunno! :oops:

JC

It took me a long time, too, but I finally got it done by sizing to 80x80 and then going to "Save for Web." I decreased the quality until the KB went low enough, and then went some more. :roll:

Joel

I DID IT!!!!

I simply set the height to 80 and then saved for web at 30 quality and it appears to have worked just swell.

Thanks!

Hey guys....

I had exactly the same problem. The difference is, I'm an admin here, so I bumped the max size up a little.... :oops: :lol: :twisted:

Frank

Hmmmm....

Flew said:
I had exactly the same problem. The difference is, I'm an admin here, so I bumped the max size up a little.... :oops: :lol: :twisted:

Frank
I guess this confirms rank DOES have it's privleges :twisted:

Chris,
You don't have an email so I can't send the picture for you to 'avatar' it...so here it is.

http://geejay.smugmug.com/photos/7785486-S.jpg

I can't figure it out and can't make it small enough.. Maybe I'm working in the wrong program..Capture.........Anyway, would love it if you could do you magic on it and send it back on my email..I'm listed in the memberlist..

thanks a bunch!

Gaye

Chris, you'll have to crop some on the sides but feel free to do whatever :lol:

Re: Hey guys....

Flew said:

Frank

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater......shame, shame on you.... :!:

Re: Hey guys....

Retief said:
Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater......shame, shame on you.... :!:

I know, I know.... :oops:

OTOH, I learned something very important from this thread (from Chris's comment actually), and that is how to set the quality on a 'Save As....' in PSP. All I can say is a big 'DUH!!'.

Thanks Chris (and Bill)...;-).

Frank

"I've been avatared'

Thanks Chris and Frank. You two gave me lots to pick from.

Sure appreciate it. Now I'll keep trying to make my own..

Each day I see new things I must learn... just saw a flying hummer on Uncle Frank's post.

Best to you and many thanks!
Gaye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom