I need help with this image *EDIT ADDED* (STRAY HAIR REMOVED)

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Jun 18, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Should I remove the hair from her face or leave it? All comments and critiques welcome. :smile:

566390177_1a78ad6a89_o.

Whew, that edit was a pain in the u-know-what. Honestly, I didn't like the stray hair from the beginning, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. Thank you all very much for taking the time to comment - the withs, and the withouts had very good points.

View attachment 101407

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  2. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I vote for leaving it.

3. Samer

Samer

Sep 19, 2006
    Jupiter, FL
    I would have preferred it not to be there but life is too short, Just shoot with her again.

By the way, your recent posts have been great! Thanks for sharing.

4. normally i would like hair in the face but not in this image so i'd remove it. i think it would be ok if it wasn't splitting her face.. maybe? oh well. you could probably just remove the strand that's going off to her right side.

5. Leave it, real life photos happen and I prefer them.
    As long as her hair doesn't cover her eyes or become distracting, I think it adds realism to the photo.
    Nice Shot and beautiful model.

Tim

6. if you do a horizontal you need to think billboard (imo) and leave plenty of room on one side for text or what not. But that's the way I like to do mine, it's all opinon.

like this

or this

or even this

7. They look awkward to me Fred. I think its because the strands circle around her eyes.

8. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Fred, I must agree with Laura and Roy. The fact that they kind of split the face really throws me off.

Regards,

9. While I normally like the natural look, I think for this shot I would clone it out...it drew my attention too quickly...

10. It's a nice shot but I'm going to line up with those who would remove the stray hairs...my eyes keep getting drawn to them.

11. I have to go against the grain and say leave them... it works for the mood of the shot and I like it.

She's quite beautiful... I hope you have many more to share with us :wink: :smile:

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I liked the hair in...

13. definitely remove :) 

14. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Ahh you guys are killing me......:smile:

I'm keeping a copy of both the "with" and "with out". Many thanks to everyone - I really appreciate your help.

15. Well, now that I've seen the one without the strays... I've switched sides. Definitely like it without them. :smile:

16. it looks WAY better without them

17. with out works for me.

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Without

19. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks for the input - seems without is more popular. Thanks again everyone! :smile:

20. Without. They don't look like stray hair, they look like lines as though someone drew them on a print.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.