1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I need quick help..

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by LauraJohnston, Jun 7, 2007.

1. What the?
    I created a canvas in photoshop so that I could collage three photos, and it won't let me save it as a jpg.... ? After I finished editing and flattened the image, etc, it still only has options for photoshop formats and TIFF and whatnot. As I was working on it it was a PSD.
    I just want to save it as a jpg. haha. :) 

2. I think you have to save it as a TFF and then save it as a jpeg. It's been a while since I've shot anything other than jpegs, so I don't remember the exact procedure. Good luck!

3. Convert to 8 bit. Happens to me all the time. I forget that JPEG is 8 bit only

4. You may have to discard layer masks.
    Try to re save it under a new name .psd and discard any layers or masks, then resave to .jpg:wink:
    Good Luck

5. Come on Laura.......... Tell us who got it right!!! ;-)

6. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    can't save a 16-bit as a jpg has to be 8-bit to save as jpg

7. The point I was making is that one cant save to .jpg a file that has saved paths or selections, even tho the file has flattened layers.:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.