1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I Need your help deciding or what would change..

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Khaisy, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
  2. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    I DO NOT like #1... Looks to cheap and amateurish... no me like...

I do like #3... looks very nice!

As for #4 and #5... why put the credit card images on there? It is reasonable to assume you can take credit cards... IMHO the credit cards take away from the classiness and simplicity of the image.

I say stick with #3 and just work on the background image... find one that feels right... and also see about different fonts.... There seems to be a bit of dead space between your URL and your phone number.

:smile:

3. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    I like number three but I dont like the font in any of them or the sporadic changing of the font size.

4. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA

I feel pretty much the same way. I like #3 I just think some things need to be changed in it. Especially the different sizes and styles of the font. Besides that I really like it.

5. Jsheffers

Jsheffers Guest

Yeah, the fonts are to inconsistent. I like number three the best. But still things need to be changed.

6. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Thank you all for your input, I do like 3 as well as for as the fonts goes, I am struggling with this. what fonts any of you would recommend.
    I will order the book Peano, but I am afraid i have few days left on my deadline. what would suggest for #3 .

again thank you all so much.

7. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    Someone gave it 1 star and described it as "Possibly helpful for aesthetically inept designers".

I think thats me!!!

As for the cards...

I like #2. I just wish all 3 pictures where not of the same couple.
    I also like #3, and I agree w/ everyone else in regards to the background and font.

8. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Thank you Drew, I settled with 3, I am changing the fonts. as for the background, I think i will keep it and hopefully next year i will not put it off till the last minute

9. I took a Web Design Class and learned how to make business cards. You need to learn about Alignment, Proximity, Contrast and Repetition if you don't already know what that is.

I like #4, it can do without the images of the different credit card companies. That type of information isn't really necessary.

All you really need on your card is your contact info, a image or two that is related to what your promoting and a title.

Also, try not to use more than 2 fonts... and no more than 2 or 3 colors...

Try and AVOID CENTER ALIGNMENT..i know its easy and safe..but try left and right alignments...they will make everything more cleaner

10. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Thanks Albeeeezy..

11. LeeF

LeeF

May 24, 2008
    Massachusetts, USA
    Two suggestions:

Go with the book suggestion. There's a lot in there that's very useful.
    Change "Customize" to "Custom". It's a grammar thing.

Good luck. I bet your next design will be great.

12. #5 Without the cards!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.