I never took out my clear plastic liner from my 500's lens hood!

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Steve S, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    The other day, Harris & I are setting up my Nikon 500 f4 to go to Bear Point, and I notice the plastic liner for my lens hood is "loose", so I take it out. Seems it's just a shipping protector for the felt lining of the hood. I've shot with this clear plastic liner in there for months! Has this had any adverse effect on on my shots, if so, what? I feel like such a Dufus for not noticing this sooner!

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Not sure, but if you send me that 500 f4 i'll be sure to give it a through test. Of course I'll report back here my findings.

:smile:

3. All you'd see is flare if the sun were in the right spot...

No biggie, now your felt is like new ;)

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thaks Brett, I feel better now, knowing all those bad shots I took aren't attributable to the clear hood protector. :tongue: