I ordered a Nikon TC-20E III AF-S 2x Teleconverter

From all I hear the tc is very good on 2.8 lenses.
Thanks .im kinda new to this stuff and been reading up on glass and such .Soumds like its a good investement from here .I ordered it cause i seen it on here a lot with the 2.8s .This cafe is makin me spend money with all the good info i get from here .Im here to learn and get the best i can for the money .

I think you will be pleased Steve.
I bought the TC-20E III to go with my Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR (first generation) and I absolutely love the combo.
Some people will tell you it´s crap, ignore them!
I trust everyone in here would prefere the 400mm and 600mm primes for the long reach, but we´re not all millionares - right? :)

Here´s a test shot I tok yesterday at the local zoo (Kristiansand Dyrepark, Norway).
In captivity they have 11 grey wolves in a BIG enclosure and one is never guaranteed to see them as they hide in the woods.
I shoot the wolf at about 150-200 meters handheld with my D300s.
400mm, ISO 500, f/5.6, 1/2000.
Afterwards the image has been cropped a little bit and some sharpening on the wolfs head to "lift" it from the background.

Congratulations on your purchase and I know you will love it :)

Grey%20Wolf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

me too

ordered one yesterday for my 400mm f/2.8 Vr. Somehow I talked myself into that rather than trying for a 600.

Here´s another from the same day.

Still the D300s with 70-200VR I + TC-20E III :)

This one is shot at much closer range though, aproximately 70 meters.

Lion.jpg

I got my copy two days ago and had to go out and test it:smile:
Shot with D300, 400 2,8 VR and TC-20EIII.

index.php

Yeah, for some odd reason, I felt this TC met a lot of resistance when it first came out even though it was definitely better than version 2. I've had it since the beginning and you gotta be a real pixel peeper to even remotely be disappointed in this lens.

I've been putting mine through the paces. Couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into my local dealer and it was just sitting there waiting for me!:biggrin: It's substantially sharper than the old one. Both my D3 and D7000 have no issues tracking BIF with it though it will struggle with low contrast subjects...but it's not supposed to focus at all with f4 lenses...with the 200 f2, it's as if the lens is bare for focus speed.

Real Name
Randy
i still have my doubts about the 2x on the 70-200
i don't even think the 1.4 is consistent
i'll sitck w/ the naked 300/4 vs a tc on the 70-200 and leave the tc-s to the 300 & 400vr

Should have it by tomorrow .Ill keep ya'll posted what i get out of it sho nuf.Im curious myself .Cant wait .Like a little kid in the candy store .:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for all the input .
Best Regards
steve 60

Ok so where did you get it, B&H have it on back order now for what feels like years.
I have seen them on the fleabay but would prefer not to get it from there.

You got that right about the Cafe making one spend money!!!

My friend is off to Africa later this year and I was going to send him off with my 70-200 VRII. I have been thinking about getting the TC III to give him a longer reach. Its a trip of a lifetime and he is a good friend so it's all good.

Now I wonder if I would even be able to find one in the next month?

Latest threads

Top Bottom