1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I owe it all to the Cafe

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Phillip Ino, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I read Spectre's/Paul's tips that he gave to Karma on how to capture Dragon Flies and I decided to put them to test.....et voila! I know it isn't the most stunning Dragon Fly image, but I was really impressed at how close I could actually get to these guys! I did exactly what Spectre/Paul instructed to do and was able to fire off some decent shots with my Tamron 90. This is my first Dragon Fly shot and I really want to take my hat off to all of the Cafe's members for their curiosity, willingness to learn and of course, all the knowledge that is offered here.

2661389171_81b7d66ce3_b.

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Sweet shot, well done to you (and the cafe)

3. Nice first try :) 

careful it's addictive! hahaha

4. :biggrin:Very Nice! Do you have a link to the tips? Would love to have some myself

5. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Francis,
    Nice Job! I'm glad I could be of some help. I look forward to seeing more.

Birgit, here is a link to the post that Francis referred to :How to approach dragonflies.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. neverman

neverman

Jan 29, 2008
    Oregon
    I wish Paul would help me.... Instead he just teases me about my reluctance to go "hunting". He's probably mocking me now as I type this out.

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent shot.

8. Very nice start. You may become addicted to shooting them:smile:. Looking forward to more of your images. Thanks for sharing.

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

Gracias Robert!

Uh oh....we'll see! :wink: Thanks, Paul!

10. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Many thanks, Birgit :smile:.
    Here is a link: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=176795

But it looks like you already know what you're doing. Those mothra pictures of yours are really nice.

11. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

LOL! :eek: :wink:

12. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Torben. Thanks, Tom :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.