I really like this format!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Aug 23, 2005.

1. When I pop over here I get taken right to the forum list with the new posts automatically shown..no extra mouse clicks. The thread list is also very useful. This way when I select back on IE I go right back to the original forum list and can go to the forum of my choice. I find a listing of ALL new messages in one long list not practical for me.

After one day's use I've found this format is much more flexible and useful than the old.

Rich

2. I'm with ya Rich. I had some problems with the new look yesterday, but with the skin change to blue and a little time I love now. I just noticed and really like the little option boxes at the top right of the first post on a thread. Now that's a cool thing. Patrick did himself proud on this one.

3. Hot dog, I didn't see those till you pointed them out Scott. Man, this is almost as good as.....as.....I forget.

Rich

4. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Definately agree

With the old layouts and navigation, I was beginning to think it was me that didnt work it right

Now with this new layout, it's really refreshing to use and I can skip around - and know where I'm going

Great work to all who designed and implemented this upgrade too.

5. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    I think I've become addicted to the "New Posts" button at the top. You can scan and participate in a bunch of threads at the same time with it.

6. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    New Look - no quick reply yet..

I really like the new skin a lot. Freshens things up a bit. I like the bright colors.

Apparantly the quick reply section is still disabled? It is not really a big deal to add the new title, so I won't gripe. :) :)

Great new look!
    -JM

7. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    ...curiously...

Have you consolidated all of the different wildlife photography categories (i.e. birds, animals, etc) into this one category? If so, it makes sense. I have been debating the same thing over at NWP. I think 3 or 4 forums with a large draw make more sense then 6 or 7 with smaller ones.

-JM

8. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    It's not disabled, this forum uses a threaded reply system, so you click on the feather icon next to the post you want to quick reply to. The last software (and most other forums) simply use a straight linear reply system, so you don't need that extra step.

9. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Thanks - I really like this a lot. I am almost jealous. :) I am irked because UBB Threads has stopped supporting that particular system in favor of a new one.

-JM