I saved a lot of money today....

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Thymen, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Thymen

Thymen

Jun 18, 2007
    The Netherlands
    I have been lusting for the not-yet-released Carl Zeiss 21 mm, but it's price-tag of €1400,-- is hard to justify.

So, to prevent me from rushing to the store as soon as it's released, I purchased a CZ 25/2.8 Distagon today. This means I saved about € 650,--!!!!

Happy with this new wealth, I couldn't wait to tell my wife, expecting her to be as happy as I was. But, unfortunately, she knows very little about economics, and said that instead of saving, I wasted a lot of money. I tried to explain it a few times, but to no avail. So I gave up for today......

I think I'll let her take classes in Economics. Because when, next spring, I'll buy a 300/F4 instead of a 300/F2.8, she will at least understand that once again her husband is proving to be a really good bread-winner, bringing in hundreds of Euro's by NOT buying the more expensive gear....

It's a tough job sometimes, and one not always gets the credit one deserves.... but that's life....

Tomorrow I will console myself by taking by new gear out for a spin..... can't wait to see how it performs..

Thymen

2. Zorac

Zorac

Dec 22, 2007
    Calgary, Canada
    lol, nice work!

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Very nice buy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I imagine it'll be especially good on your FM3a.

4. mattsteg

mattsteg

Aug 10, 2007
    MN
    Well, if it's not appreciated you could always just go with the 21 and the 2.8.

5. ha ha ha!

I tried to work those math with my girlfriend - she went and bought a $3000 coffee table... :confused:  I decided to stop trying to teach her anything going forward... :rolleyes: 

6. Dude
    This is the second time we've heard about the $3000 coffee table so could you please post a picture of it!!!

7. johan1967

johan1967

Jun 30, 2008
    Netherlands
    Today I saved a lot of money. I wanted to buy a Mercedes but instead I bought a little Volkswagen. :wink: Tomorrow I will save even more money.

I think at the end you will buy the 21\2.8 too, so in total you will spend more dan 2000 euro's. Your wife knows this too, so she is smarter than you think.

8. It is coming from France we do not have it yet - you can see it on this website... The Table has a zoom Trust me as soon as we get it ... I'll take pics of it covered in empty beer bottles :wink::biggrin:

9. That 25mm f/2.8 lens is a brilliant piece of glass in the classic style of Zeiss lenses. It's exceptional in every way. Great choice and I can't wait to see some shots from you.

I've had the opportunity to shoot with that lens and it's such a gem. Enjoy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.