I see new toys coming my way

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F15Todd, Jul 25, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    For the last three years (while living in the UK) the wife didn't work. I made enough money to support us and I really like the idea of Monica saying home with Bailey during the first few years anyways. Monica is an RN, and now that Bailey is older and we are back in the USA, she wanted to get back to work. Well today she landed a very nice job and the pay is more then we were hoping :D :D :D

I see new toys for Todd :!: :!: :!:

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

You lucky devil :twisted: I've got to make sure my wife doesn't see this thread! :lol:

She works, I don't. I still get new toys all the time........
    But if it were the other way around, and she was "going back to work", I couldn't argue with her if she wanted some "toys" for herself first!

3. I see new toys for Monica!!!

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Amen to that! What does Monica like to do? Maybe Todd should suggest that Monica go out and buy herself something REALLY nice w/that first paycheck...Way to go Steve on thinking about the lady! I like your style.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    And good for you too, Todd...and Bailey too....Sounds like new toys for the whole family! ;-)

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Probably another perk for Monica is that she can talk with adults a bit more often, too.

7. Todd, just wait and see what will happen when Bailey gets his first job... ;-)

8. That's what I thought.

9. You should imediately take your wife out to dinner, buy her flowers, suggest she needs to buy a new dress and matching shoes, make wild and passionate love to her and then make some real trendy late night snack for her. After you have built up more brownie points by cleaning the house and doing the laundry you can go buy something really insane and not have to grovel and beg too much for forgiveness afterwards.

Try it, it really works well for me !

Dont forget! Its always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Doug

10. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I did tell her that she needs to take that first check and spend every last dine on herself.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    This is a Freudian typo isn't it. You want her to take you out to dinner, huh.

12. Happy for your family Todd and glad that you are getting settled down after your move.

13. *LMAO* This thread is soooo funny!!! Congrats on the new job for wiffy, Todd. I think a small gift of something shiny is appropriate for her first week on the job. Women just love unexpected prezzies. And when I say shiny, I don't mean the sunlight glinting off a new lens either!

Doug, I love your style!!! You really know how to get a woman to "yes", don't you!! LOL You could give lessons.....

14. Sandi, I've been married for 26 years and my wife has learned how to both tolerate me and detect when I'm earning brownie points so I can buy new toys - especially camera oriented toys!

She probably just lets me think I'm being smart ......

Doug