I see why folks like the 300VR - U6 soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Chris_B, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    This was my first time shooting with the 300 2.8 VR. Wow is all I can say. This is an awesome lens. While it is a little harder shooting with a prime vice my 70-200VR, the results speak for themselves. It was a 11 am game and the sun was brutal but the shots below are better than many from early morning games. The contrast on the lens is awesome. Great colors and boken is amazing. My keeper rate was much higher than usual. Needless to say, I am a happy camper.

Here are some of the better shots. The first is my favorite. These kindergarten kids play rough :biggrin:.

View attachment 98633

View attachment 98634

View attachment 98635

View attachment 98636

View attachment 98637

2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

LOL .... looks like somebody had a good time with the 300 .... It's a fantastic lens and im glad your enjoying it !!! LL aside for a minute..... you shots look good... they really do ...! Hope to see more of your work soon

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. nice shots, and that lens does take a sweet pic...I'll just have to settle for my 70-200 w/ 1.7TC :)

5. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Hi guys. Thanks for the nice comments. I didn't mean to get supper gushy about the 300VR (sort of) but I really was surprised with how well it performed. I've been shooting soccer in similar conditions for over a year with the 300 f4 and the the 70-200VR w/wo TCs and never had results this good. My keeper rate was over 60%. I really expected that I would need a lot of time to get used to it. For the price, it should be a great lens and well, it is.

I'll be more restrained in my future posts :tongue:.