1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I sleep now...

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Amarok, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    Here is a picture that I took with my D40 and Sigma 70-300 APO. He was rather sleepy in the morning when I caught this, when I came back by later in the afternoon he was much more active. Very old guy needs his rest.

Its funny when I would whistle he would howl.

DSC_2238.
    NIKON D40    ---    300mm    f/5.6    1/400s    ISO 320

2. lmorgan

lmorgan

Jun 27, 2008
    NCentral IL
    So sweet. Great capture!!! I've been eyeing this lens (for a whole two days now)! LOL

That is too cute too that he howls when you whistle. :) 

3. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    Yeah it was funny the reactions I got when I would whistle and the wolf would howl back at me. However I've actually known this fella for awhile. Oh and neither the picture above or the one below have been cropped. The picture below was taken at 70mm, I believe the one above was somewhere between 250-300mm.

It really is quite a good lens for the money. I picked up the motorized version because of my D40. Its funny because the lens has actually increased in price some over the last couple months, by about $20 or so. It really is hard to beat for the price, I'm much happier with the results I have seen from this lens over the comparable Nikon 70-300 (non vr version). It is fairly sturdy feeling, not quite as good as the Sigma 18-200, however I don't have the lens creep problem with it that I do with the 18-200.

Also the Macro feature is nice to have. Just be sure to review the details of using that feature before doing so. I know of at least one person that tried to force their macro switch back after using the lens and not resetting it properly, the lens never worked quite right after that.

4. a beautiful creature
    very nice shots
    nice that you 2 have become "friends."

5. What a beautiful looking Ol' fella...
    Its great that you two get on well...
    Love the howling with the whistle..
    Love the first shot... Well done...

6. Gorgeous! His howling to your whistle brought a smile to my face!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.