1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I spend a small fortune on camera equipment and my son..

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Rich Gibson, Apr 12, 2007.

1. takes these with a point and shoot!

[​IMG]

This one's a home run!
    [​IMG]
    :mad:  :mad: 

Rich

2. :biggrin: Yup, go figure! Sometimes the P&S cameras do a pretty darned good job.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Absolutely nothing wrong with those results.

4. I know! I know!

:mad: 

5. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN

yes, but how did they get ISO 80?

"that ain't right" :wink:

btw, like father, like son. :biggrin: :biggrin:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol
    Nice shots

7. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    He is super talented! Looks like he needs Nikon equipment for birthday / Christmas...? :870:

8. sometimes we forget to point and shoot our big rigs enough, worrying about this that and the other thing

9. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    in good sunlight like shown here, a good P&S will usually perform as well as a DSLR, and much less hassle.

10. Rich, stop whining - sell the Nikons and buy a Point & Shoot!! :biggrin:

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Superb shots!

Somehow, I doubt it's my equipment holding me back. And these shots just confirm it.:redface:

12. Actually if you can get the shutter lag down, some of the 10X and 12X P & S cameras are quite amazing. I use to shoot a C-740 3 Meg 10X. It turned out some amazing shots. I introduced myself on this forum with some of my Little League shots I did for the League and local newspaper. It just got to the point that all the parents in the stand had Nikons and Canon DSLRs. Of course, it is the person behind the camera that is most important, but a look of professionalism does help some too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.