I still love film

I just picked up a couple of F4s and a few bricks of film. Even after a couple of rolls of shooting along side my D3, I know that dispite digal I still love film.
Its making my photgraphic experience richer and more pure. Im buying a dark room and getting back to shooting B+W. Life is full circle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some good news to report. I getting a film scanner that will do 35-120-4x5 next week and getting my dark room up and running again. And I got a "geek" coming to learn me some computering so I can get my photo's on line and out to the world. I hope you all are ready because I "finally" Im.

Gregory

Welcome "back", Gregory!
It's strange how people coming back to film tend almost always to think of it like a "purer" experience than digital. Didn't you never noticed that?
Who knows why? Maybe because of the much less things you have to manage when you're shooting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im not sure if the feeling is pure, unlesss its pure terrifiying . Not differnt from cold sweat of not knowing. Learning to trust my experience and not being able to chimp. Digital has made me nervous and sketchy. Im going to go out without the D3 this weekend with my "new" 50 1.8 AIS for a little while and my F4 and just try to get into the zone. I remember the place, I just dont go there anymore. The zone where I would shoot for a whole day or night "knowing" I had it in the my rolls. When I didnt care or think about the cost of film and processing. Where I would smile, just a little on the inside. Knowing that I had got it. even before I souped my negs. And saw the contact sheets. I just knew. Its coming back. But there is "more" still missing, or perhaps laying dormit, before I can get there. Getting back to the darkroom will help. I miss watching "eye's" pop up in the moving liquid in the red light and the sounds of the print hitting the sides of the trays. Even loading film in the dark, the sound of my own breathing, my heart beat.There was somthing in the dark,........ me ......alone . Film was/is just more dangerous and gutteral. The sun will soon be rising. Im going out now, in search of that place. Inside of me.

Gregory

Im not sure if the feeling is pure, unlesss its pure terrifiying . Not differnt from cold sweat of not knowing. Learning to trust my experience and not being able to chimp. Digital has made me nervous and sketchy. Im going to go out without the D3 this weekend with my "new" 50 1.8 AIS for a little while and my F4 and just try to get into the zone. I remember the place, I just dont go there anymore. The zone where I would shoot for a whole day or night "knowing" I had it in the my rolls. When I didnt care or think about the cost of film and processing. Where I would smile, just a little on the inside. Knowing that I had got it. even before I souped my negs. And saw the contact sheets. I just knew. Its coming back. But there is "more" still missing, or perhaps laying dormit, before I can get there. Getting back to the darkroom will help. I miss watching "eye's" pop up in the moving liquid in the red light and the sounds of the print hitting the sides of the trays. Even loading film in the dark, the sound of my own breathing, my heart beat.There was somthing in the dark,........ me ......alone . Film was/is just more dangerous and gutteral. The sun will soon be rising. Im going out now, in search of that place. Inside of me.

Gregory
Beautifully said

Just in case I ever feel the need to head back down the film path, I have held on to my F5. At the prices that people are willing to give for a mint, perfect, like new F5 in the box I may as well keep it.

I have a D3 and use it often, however, I use my F6 as my second carry camera. I keep it loaded with B&W. I still like the way B&W prints and the texture I get in the image.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom