I stole it!!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Preston, May 7, 2005.

1. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    Went to a sale at my local camera store today & what did I spy with my little eye but a near mint Nikkor 300mm F4. I looked at the price and could NOT belive it. It was on consignment for $300 after discount. It has a very minor scatch on the outer body but that is it. According to the clerk some guy is selling off all of his fathers camera equipment (he passed away). The poor clerk wanted it soooo bad but couldn't afford it. I don't feel sorry for him though as he just picked up his new D2X yesterday! Anyway, I just had to share my joy at finding this gem.

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Yes we all love to live vicariously through other member. Congratulation on the steal.

3. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Congrats!

You'll love the lens. I have the 300 AFS but from an image point of view the 2 lenses take great shots. For $300 it truly was a steal...

Post some images when you got some!

Joel

4. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    Congrats, Preston on your steal.

I felt the same way last month when I picked up a used Sigma 14mm f2.8 for $300. (It was in great shape and usually retails for around $800!)

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Preston, you lucky dog. Post some shots with that baby!!

6. My observation is that the 300.f4 is the cheap ticket to the big leagues. You will love it.
    Congrats