1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I Succombed

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by dakinetx, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Well,
    two weeks ago I got asked to Tag-Along to a Wedding.
    My missus had been on at me to do Weddings for awhile, but I thought it would be (hanging head) boring, lol.
    Anyway, I went, I shot, I got hooked :) 

I am now starting to get all info ready (albums/prints etc.) necessary to build prices and client offerings. And not least build a dedicated Website for my business.

I have been second shooting with the guy I tagged along with and have already done 3 weddings and two bridals with another of each this weekend.

At this point (other than building a website) my biggest headache is just how to process the images. I have looked at many sites, read, researched but it's different (in many ways) to that which I have done before. I guess it dos'nt matter in the end and what I do will define "MY" style.

Anyway, here's 3 I very QUICKLY processed from last bridal (in that am NOT sure this will be finished image I use, for myself that is).

All these are taken with D3 and 85 f/1.4 wide open (my MAGIC combo :) );

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bear in mind this is my second ever Bridal :) 

2. awesome shots
    great combo
    #3 does it for me
    well done

so..... when's your NEXT wedding shoot..... :smile::smile:

3. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice shots..........I agree with Spalding12.......#3 does it for me as well. Post processing of images is a time consuming process. Awesome DOF as well in your images.

4. #1,#3 for me

5. Thanks guys
    Next shoot is tomorrow.
    I am going "HOME" to visit with my mum in England second week in Sept. and then HOPE to have all details/wesite/packages etc. ready and go full out for myself :) 
    I love #2 but it needs more/different processing. Too dark me thinks and few other tweaks.
    Thanks again, glad am doing ok :) 

6. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    those are gorgeous, nicely done #1 is my favorite

7. Here's a quick edit of one from last weekend wedding (again, NOT sure on processing, so may be alot diff. finished lol);

[​IMG]

8. She is a lovely bride, thanks for sharing your images.

9. Thanks Gordon.

here's 1 more I am playing with PP'ing on above Wedding;

[​IMG]

10. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    very nice!

11. I'm sure you didn't intend it but the word "BAGGAGE" behind the bride could be taken the wrong way. No joking here, just my $.02.

12. Hey Rich, I have that "quirky" English sense of humour ;)  And this couple were VERY good sports :) 

13. I know it isn't a big deal, but I could just see the bride looking at the shot and saying "OH NO!!!!! you ruined it!" :biggrin:

14. i LOVE this one
    sorry to repost the image
    i just wanted you to know which one i meant

15. oh my, rich
    i can't believe you saw that
    wow....
    you are right.... that MUST be pp'd out.... :redface:

16. LOL
    Thanks guys.
    As I am "building" shots for website these are NOT for the Bride/Groom.
    I think it's VERY funny (I did see it when shot it ;) ) but know some may not.

Anyway, truthfully, what do ya'll think of the shots and processing thus far?
    I have not done weddings but for last two weeks (have another tomorrow and Sunday) and am more confoosed with processing than anything.

Cheers,
    Nick

17. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    very nice work...

18. appreciate it gentlemen.

19. Nice. I predict more of these in the future by word of mouth. :wink:

20. These are great, nice work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.