1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I think I fixed it.

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by darkside, Aug 19, 2009.

1. darkside

darkside

Jan 2, 2009
    Orlando, Fl
    Dont know why this happened, or even what happened, but someone I'm taking pictures for asked me what I could do to fix this, said that this is the way it came off of his camera (Casio P&S). I think I got it back together decently, I thought it would just be a simple cut and slide it straight over, but the weird part, is that not all of the picture was moved over the same amount. The rainbow, top of the tail, horizontal stabilizer, top of cabin, and trees didn't line up if i just moved the top part over. even when I got everything lined up there was still a gap between the top half and bottom half of the tail. Anyways, any clue why something like this would happen?

Before
    3836409856_404450b5f3_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After
    View attachment 400244

Attached Files:

2. In Windows, using Photoshop, have both images open. Holding down shift key, drag one over the other. They will align perfectly. No need to cut and paste in this instance. Hope this helps.

3. darkside

darkside

Jan 2, 2009
    Orlando, Fl
    The second shot is the fixed one, I was saying that I thought I would be able to select the different areas that shifted, which seems like only 2, the top all the way across, and the bottom left which moved to the bottom right. However when I did the top part, and slid it over, only one or 2 parts would line up right.

4. You did a great job in fixing this. An error writing to the card is the probable cause. The card should be formatted in camera before using again. I've had this happen once or twice.

5. Even if you used format in the computer, you should reformat the card in the camera before taking images. Either that or the card is bad.

6. Wow, that's a bit of a crazy shot. Good job fixing it though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.