I think I got It!!

Discussion in 'People' started by Farmergirl, Apr 10, 2007.

1. I know the pic is not perfect because of the harsh sun on his face but I blurred the background. I think in the cafe you all call it "Bokeh" Thanks for your help I am learning so much!! This is my youngest son Trevor today.

[​IMG]

2. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Awwww....your first Bokeh....so cute!!:biggrin:

But seriously it's these accomplishments along the way that help fuel the desire and keep us from getting overly frustrated. Good job.....keep up the great work!!

So what do you guys farm???

3. Thanks for the encouragement Stuart. We have a produce farm. We grow potatoes, onions, sweet corn, strawberries, rasberries, tomatos and so on.

Sarah

4. Cute Shot!
    What kind of camera and lense are you using? Waayy too many times I've wanted to run mine over a few times in the drivway ... LOL,.. but we press on.
    If you can, take the same shot, (any shot) and change the f stop on each, low ## i.e. f2.8 or f 1.8 will give you that nice blurry bokeh. hi ### will give you everything from close to far in focus like in a long landscapeshot i.e. f 22. Compare the shots to see the narrowing or growing "Depth of Field" to increase or decrease your bokeh.
    Keep 'em coming. Kids are GREAT !!

5. Sarah,
    Here's another example. Shot at f2 very narrow Depth of Field, about 1" I'd say. Just the Watch face is in focus. At f5-6 the entire pic would be in focus.

orig.

6. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Sarah I too would be interested in seeing the exif data from this photo.:smile: Nice image BTW. how about some produce photos.

7. Tweetybrd

Tweetybrd

Feb 8, 2007
    Arizona

8. Exif

Here is the exif Focal length 70mm, f/5, shutter 320, Aperautre priority, no flash. As for the produce photos we have to wait until the season starts. In June I should be able to get some photos of the potato plants in bloom. This is beautiful. Thanks for looking at my pic.

9. Happy for You!!

10. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Sarah, your little "superman" is so cute. It's a great feeling when you discover something like that, isn't it? I read a book by Bryan Peterson called "Understanding Exposure" that helped me a lot with how the aperature and shutter speeds affect your photo. If you haven't seen it, you might find it helpful.

Keep shooting! I'm finding the more you learn, the more fun it is.

11. I'll second Sharon on that wonderful book - it's excellent and is an easy read.

Great capture, love the hat. Where in Ontario are you located?

12. Grand Bend

We live just outside Grand Bend. It is a beautiful area here right along the shores of Lake Huron. You mught have heard of it because it is a bit of a tourist area in the summer.

13. Grand Bend is a great place, and yes, plenty of tourists in the area in the summer. I was hoping you were east of Toronto as I'm still looking for a great all-in-one veggie farm on my way to the lake in the Kawarthas. Nothing beats fresh Ontario produce! Thanks for farming the land - I do appreciate it.

14. Yeah Ontario Produce!!

Thanks for buying Ontario Produce. Nothing beats it when it is season. All I can think of right now is strawberries and field tomatoes. Yummy!!!

15. Something I hadn't enjoyed since I was a kid: field tomato sandwiches, coarsely ground black pepper, mayonnaise - mmmmm mmmmm - lived on those all last summer out in the kayak!

I always support 'home industries' as much as I can. Farming is not easy! Besides, the tomatoes in the stores right now are like little orange baseballs - hard as rocks and no taste. Looking forward to yours!