1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I think I'm gonna croak!

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by RayLarson, Jul 29, 2008.

1. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Visitor to our backyard pond.
    Nikon D80
    Sigma 80-400OS

2598009900_0bccb16d1f_b.

2. nice shot, ray
    love the selective DOF on this one
    thanks for sharing it with us

3. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Thanks Greg,,,,,he looks like he has an "attitude"

4. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Thanks Birgit,

Think he has found a home. Saw him on the waterfall yesterday but I had no camera. He is quite the character

5. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    One minute you're sitting there taking shots at a frog; the next you have a frog attached to your expensive lens! Careful there, Ray. Looks like Mr Frog has quite a set of springs on the back end and could probably get some serious air.

Beautiful shot.

6. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Thanks Pia,

Yes, I have seen a few springs and he can move quickly and high. I want to get a shot of him in the waterfall, it is so comical. I'll just have to be patient.:biggrin:

7. Nice shot, Ray. That is one interesting looking bullfrog. Back when I had a pond, they seemed to be narrower and longer than your Mr. Frog. But nice that he posed for you! :wink:

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    There is no such thing as an un-interesting frog. Thanks for the comments. He has been with us all year along with "Sneaky" the garter snake (hope they don't meet) and a small rabbit that lives under our gazebo. We live in the middle of a populated area but have a great ecosystem. We have 40-50 Goldfish in our pond also so it's a pretty cool place. Always lots of photo ops

2586449143_dc2aabfaab_b.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.