I think i'm not that smart anymore.....

I just had my wisdom teeth removed today....all of them!
Well sedated during the surgery, barely remember going home, once I got on the pain meds I was fine :)
I'm at my cmputer because I tend to slouch in just the same position as I sit in bed after the extraction. I missed you guys too much to be out of action one day!

Harrison:

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Having had my wisdom teeth removed, I can sympathize with you.

K

Ken-L

Had mine removed at Boca Raton 32 years ago..... hope you do as well as I did.

gho

Oh, dear Lord, I'm deathly afraid of pain. Stubbed my toe and ripped out half my toenail and I was shaking and sweating at the Dr's office as they clipped off the uprooted nail. I almost passed out and gave my Dr. quite some fear too.

After that, I was in so much pain, even after a double dose of vicodin and a double dose of motrin, that I couldn't walk and sleep. I had to use a wheelchair to get around for the next few weeks.

Quite embarassing pushing myself around in a wheelchair with simply a stubbed toe when most people are like without a leg or something. My daughter was so understanding though, she'd ask me constantly "are you okay..." "here's wheelchair for daddy..."

NEways, I still have all four of my wisdom teeth. For some strange reason all my dentists keep wanting to pull them.

I had a cavity in one and the dentist gave me two options:
1) Extraction (highly, highly recommended)
2) Root canal.

Needless to say, I went with the later. The filling kept coming out and a new dentist looks at my teeth and says "who does a root canal on a wisdom tooth?!?" Kept remarking how "no one does a root canal on a wisdom tooth." He also recommended extraction. I told him - put a crown on it, I aint gonna pull my wisdom teeth.

Took three visits (crown fell out after first visit) and lots of pain and lots more vicodin and I was finally better.

I admire your tolerance for pain. My older daughter is the opposite, she gets stuck with a needle for her shots, and doesn't even winch. Go figure - I'm screaming when they give me shots (no mosquito bites that powerful).

fks

hi harrison-

whatever you do, avoid riding a bus. made that mistake three days after i had my wisdom teeth taken out, and boy was that ride a pain.

i also learned that i don't like being on vicodin. i didn't like the floating feeling, it was just too freaky for me.

ricky

Ricky,
Thank you!
I didn't know how to describe the vicodin feeling.....floating is perfect......
Kinda makes me wish my body had VR, instead of my lens :)
And I learned one thing......
Wisdom can often be painful :)
Looking forward to taking pictures again soon.
All this free time makes me feel like finishing some edit jobs.

Real Name
Chris
You are a brave, brave man Harrison. I will stand down scorpions, javelina and lawyers, but dentists have running like a little baby.

Get well quickly!

Harrison - been there, done that, you've got my sympathies!!! Ice cream, orange jello and ice packs will help, but hey, if you've got that floating feeling then go with it and enjoy it! *LOL*

Gregory, I laughed so hard at that story - stubbed toe leads to wheelchair!! *LOL*

I had all 4 of mine pulled in 1991, and all I remember them telling me is don't drink out of straws

My youngest daughter had her four removed two weeks ago and did very well. She iced her jaw and took her meds and she was acting normally in three days. Had the stitches removed a week later and life goes on.

Hang in there, Harrison! :D

gho

TOLady said:
Gregory, I laughed so hard at that story - stubbed toe leads to wheelchair!! *LOL*
Yeah, it was quite embarassing, I felt so bad. I would have normally just stayed home and moped, but it was Christmas season, and we still needed to complete our x-mas shopping.

gho

eng45ine said:
My youngest daughter had her four removed two weeks ago and did very well. She iced her jaw and took her meds and she was acting normally in three days. Had the stitches removed a week later and life goes on.

Hang in there, Harrison! :D
YIKES!!!!! Three DAYS???? STITCHES???? YIKES!!!

I feel woozy... Last time I had stitches removed I think I passed out (I can't remember).

I am sure with Gregory....

Harrison, I sure feel sorry for you.

Thank God I only had one wisdon tooth grow in and I was 62 when they pulled it. :>)) Was a very small tooth. He pulled one more tooth at the same time that had to come out. Wasn't to bad. Sure was SCARED TO DEATH.

Hope you feel better real soon.

Harrison, my 20 year old daughter is getting all four of her wisdoom teeth pulled as I type this. My wife is with her. I'm sure she'll be pretty bad off when I get home. Hang in there and enjoy the trip :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom