1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I think it's time for an upgrade, CS3 won't run

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidzvi, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I think it may be time for an upgrade, I can't get CS3 or LR to load. Nothing happens when I put the CD in drive, just doesn't seem to want to read it.

:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :biggrin:

365177307_zordD-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's an original IBM PC, with a Hercules graphics card, 640k of ram, and a 20mg hard card. And it still runs.

2. Another 10 years, and it will be worth more than my Vic 20:smile:

But hopped up Vic 20's are running call accounting programs, still today, so maybe you have a more valued antique than I do.

3. I shot a wedding at the museum of science (boston, ma) and they had one in an exhibit. This one is mostly original, except for the hard card I put into it for my brother shortly after he bought it in 1981/2.

4. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    If my memory serves me right, then the Hercules card wasn't standard either - IBM provided either CGA or MDA.

I was so mad when my father got a clone with a hercules card since it meant we couldn't play games on it. Of course the CGA emulator we got later solved that problem.

5. That's possible, but am the geek and I don't remember adding the card, just the drive. But then again it was a quarter century ago. :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.