I think the glow is getting brighter...

Discussion in 'People' started by bwilder10h, May 15, 2007.

1. I know someone will mention it, so before they do.... I started to clone out the stray hairs that popped up from the wind blowing but decided to leave them. It reminds me of the cool breeze that was blowing that evening when I look at the shot. :smile:

I'm really getting hooked on these available light portraits.... I know this because my nephew was standing in front of a big window the other day facing me at a restuarant and I caught myself thinking "man, I wish I had my camera on me...." :biggrin: :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Looks good. Nice capture. Which lens?

3. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Bright and beautiful for sure. The strays don't bother me at all.

You just can't beat natural lighting.

Love it Brian.

4. Excellent image, natural light is the best and the strays do not bother me one bit

5. What a relaxed smile... your wife is stunning and this picture is beautiful.

6. Broyer

Broyer

Apr 26, 2006
    North Carolina
    I think your glow is getting brighter too. You can sense your pride in the post and the photo. You're on the hook for great infant shots you know.

7. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    What a great capture of your beautiful wife in available light! The stray hairs did not bother me one bit. :cool:

8. Thanks Josh. Appreciate the comments. This was with the 50mm f/1.8

Thank you Tom... you're right, natural light just brings an extra special feeling to a portrait and gives it a warm touch. Looking forward to many more posts of your lovely daughter. Congrats on the MM recognition you deserve.

Thanks for the nice comment Dude :smile:

Anthony, appreciate your comments. She really is lovely... what she's doing with me is an on-going mystery. Her eyesight must be worse than she thinks... One of our friends recently said "prettiest blind woman I ever met..." :tongue:

Thanks Tim. That's quite a compliment to me as I do take great pride. She's my best friend and I'm very lucky to get to share life with such a special person. (All that and looks too huh!:676: :866: ) I'm definitely going to to take a run at some good baby shots and they will be shared for sure.... if there are any good ones... :rolleyes::tongue:

Thank you Banhup. It's quite an honor to get a positive comment from the natural light portrait king... Appreciate that. :biggrin:

9. Brian,
    Stunning natural light photo of your beautiful wife. Keep the strays. They make it look all the more natural.

Don't we all look at lighting with the eye of a photographer??

10. Thank you Mitch. Very kind of you to comment.

It really does change your perspective on things... I heard Woody and Stuart talk so much about 'seeing the light' that I tried to incorporate the idea in with my everyday general photography and while I dont think I have really improved all that much, I do look at some of my old shots where I had no idea and was just trying to get it exposed within a reasonable range.... and wish I could go back and take them over now :cool:

11. Lovely image Brian. I don't know if your wife's eyesight is bad but there is certainly nothing else wrong with her. Very nice.

12. Thank you Gordon. That is very nice of you to say... I can agree 1000% to the second part of that comment. She's a beauty...:smile:

13. Brian, I love the shot...leave the stray hairs in...don't want to tell the wife "Honey, I just spent 2 hours cloning out all the stray hairs in that picture"...might get a diaper genie thrown at you...they hurt, by the way :wink:

14. :eek: :biggrin: I'll take your word for it John... Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks Woody... glad you like it. :smile: