I think this is as good as I've done so far

She is turning into quite the poser at almost 3 :)...I don't know exactly what Ight on my end but this turned out better than most of my efforts so far.......except of course for the hair in her mouth. I cropped it and took some food off her chin (poorly). I just don't think I have the skills to get that much hair off in CS2. I'm never very happy with the result when I try this much clone stamping. Any suggestions?

3771367842_3a7a650ce1_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

How cute!!! I love it, hair in mouth and all. Looks like a typical little girl to me with gorgeous blue eyes. It it were not for the background it would be great. You did a good job of controlling DOF to blur out the background but still pretty distraction. A tighter crop would help some with that.

She is precious!

nice crisp photo. just try and see what reducing exposure by 1/3 or 1/2 stop to lessen highlight on forehead so that the eyes become the main focus. The highlights in the eyes are just perfect.

looks good...hair and all. Actually, I think the hair almost adds to it. The out of focus mom in the background is interesting too (bokeh is the right word I guess).

F4.2 ss125 focal length 60 with my 50-200 no vr. I got lucky somehow cause I've never had a great shot from this lens without a tripod and a stable subject. But the light was beautiful last night. The bokah is mommy and twin sister eating sweetcorn.
Thankyou everyone so much

you should now be happy that you have proved that your kit lens can produce great photos. So it's now about learning why this photo is better than others you have taken before. I think the key is the ss at 1/125 and flash and keeping the camera steady. Flash is good in daylight especially late afternoon when ss without flash can be too low. Try some more photos and see if you can repeat getting crisp photos.

Real Name
Jon Schusteritsch
Beautiful little girl, those eyes are great. I like the composition with the Mom and sister in the background because it adds a feeling of family to it for me, also the way the subject is leaning in and the Mom is looking over sort of tells a story of her running over to see what you were doing with the camera.

Beautiful little girl, those eyes are great. I like the composition with the Mom and sister in the background because it adds a feeling of family to it for me, also the way the subject is leaning in and the Mom is looking over sort of tells a story of her running over to see what you were doing with the camera.

HAH the exression comes from the fact that she is getting ready to crawl accross the hot tub cover that she is leaning on all the while ignoring our instructions NOT to do it. I was leaning on the other side trying to keep the camera steady. They will be three :m11:eek:n Tues and I am remembering now that it was the toughest age for my daughter. Revenge is best served cold times 2 hahaha.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom