I thought they were joking at first....

I have two clients, they're friends by the way, that plan to take vacations to my new location (Beaufort, North Carolina) just so that I can take their pictures again. I really thought they were joking at first, but then I got this email:

" Did you say that you and your family be moving to the beach? Because I would be very interested in taking a family vacation every summer to wherever it is you're moving so we can have you take our pictures. So please keep in touch and let me know where you're moving to and if you're going to continue your business down there!"

:smile: Hmmm.... that's a pretty good form of flattery? Maybe I don't need to wait tables after all!

Congratulations! That kind of client loyalty only comes from great talent, great service, and great relationship. Maybe you can sell your juju?

That's a great compliment Linda and doesn't surprise me one bit. I recently covered some 4H horse competitions, a first for me... Western, English and Gymkhana. I tried to capture the relationship with these kids and their horses. I received the following in an e-mail shortly after...

"WOW – Your pics brought tears to my eyes!!!!! You did an AWESOME job!!!"

That made my day! :smile: Those kind of compliments are better than a picture order! Well, maybe...

Congrats Linda! See, you WILL get repeat customers even though you're moving away! (and I get the chance to go back to Cali in October for repeat clients too....)

Great compliment Linda! One thing I noticed about the cafe is the relatively large number of ace women photographers we have. On some sites it's almost exclusively a "guy" thing, but not here.

Of course it isn't a surprize to me. My last 5 years as head of a software development team at U.S. Customs all the members were female. What a rowdy bunch; Finland, Vietnam, mainland China and native U.S. I learned to easily accept the women for three reasons: they didn't stand around the office ktichen talking sports, they didn't play macho one-upmanship office games, and they worked harder than the guys. :biggrin:

Great compliment Linda! One thing I noticed about the cafe is the relatively large number of ace women photographers we have. On some sites it's almost exclusively a "guy" thing, but not here.

Rich about 10 years ago I took a photography class...I can remember going into that classroom and I was probably 1 of 3 other women in that class, the rest were men. Today...woman are also reaping the rewards of a photography career.

Congratulations! That kind of client loyalty only comes from great talent, great service, and great relationship. Maybe you can sell your juju?
Thanks! Juju? How about YoYo? I treat my clients like they're my friends, and I show them I'm human - it seems like a good approach :smile:

That's a great compliment Linda and doesn't surprise me one bit. I recently covered some 4H horse competitions, a first for me... Western, English and Gymkhana. I tried to capture the relationship with these kids and their horses. I received the following in an e-mail shortly after...

"WOW – Your pics brought tears to my eyes!!!!! You did an AWESOME job!!!"

That made my day! :smile: Those kind of compliments are better than a picture order! Well, maybe...
Thanks! Yeah, it feels pretty good doesn't it. We all critique our own photos and think they might not be up to pair but then the feedback we get makes us continue.

Congrats Linda! See, you WILL get repeat customers even though you're moving away! (and I get the chance to go back to Cali in October for repeat clients too....)
I certainly didn't believe it for one second.... I laughed at her and said, yeah, just call me. It's a 12 hour drive for goodness sake.
You better post those pictures Sonya!

That does say a lot for your work. Which incidently...is great!
You are always so sweet Sen, thank you.

Go for it Linda. :biggrin:
Oh yeah, I'm going for it. :smile:

Of course it isn't a surprize to me. My last 5 years as head of a software development team at U.S. Customs all the members were female. What a rowdy bunch; Finland, Vietnam, mainland China and native U.S. I learned to easily accept the women for three reasons: they didn't stand around the office ktichen talking sports, they didn't play macho one-upmanship office games, and they worked harder than the guys. :biggrin:
I know, I tried to break into FredMiranda and some other forum, but was ignored into oblivion, which makes it really hard for a person to learn and to improve. I know those are great websites, but it didn't work out for me. So I came here, and learned more in 1 year than I did at these other places, where I've been a member for a very long time now (but don't use) The guys and girls around the Nikon Cafe made that difference. That's why I keep coming back.

Linda,
I love to hear stories like this. I'm sure they are looking forward to a vacation at the ocean and get some pictures for themselves while they are there. The beaches/bays and ocean can make a spectacular background for people images. Just be careful not to get any sand in your camera or lens.

Nice one Linda! You do great work!

Mind you, they could just be stalkers. Perhaps you should be afraid. Be very afraid...

:biggrin:

Linda,
I love to hear stories like this. I'm sure they are looking forward to a vacation at the ocean and get some pictures for themselves while they are there. The beaches/bays and ocean can make a spectacular background for people images. Just be careful not to get any sand in your camera or lens.
Thanks, isn't it fun? And I get to hang out with them too, both her and her friend's daughter is close in age with mine.

that is AWESOME, Linda
that is SOME compliment

very well-deserved
Thanks Greg, it came as a bit of a shocker but it is really awesome to hear they want to vacation where I'll be, so I can take their pictures again.
:redface: I better deliver!

Nice one Linda! You do great work!

Mind you, they could just be stalkers. Perhaps you should be afraid. Be very afraid...

:biggrin:
Thanks! hmm....maybe you are right, like the wolf in the red-riding-hood story, dressed as a sheep. She's too cute to be true.

p289671107-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Enjoy North Carolina,my Daughter moved to Wilmington last year,and spends a lot of time at the Beach.I think you will like it.Congrats on customer loyality,they must feel lucky to have you.

Latest threads

Top Bottom