I took a picture today!

Discussion in 'People' started by Chad Gladstone, Nov 22, 2005.

1. After three weeks of inactivity (waiting for D200), I decided to borrow a D70 and test out my new Sigma 30mm f/1.4. Here is a fun shot (comments and critiques always welcome):
    [​IMG]

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Great shot

That is a great shot and shows what imo a good lens the Sigma is.

Love the colours - they seem to have come out really well.
    All the best

Ray

3. Great shot of a kid being a kid! The background came out well to draw attention to your son! Nicely done!!

4. Fun image Chad, I like it.

5. Thanks, appreciate the comments. You have no idea the position I had to get in to get this shot. I was hanging off the inside of the platform at dizzying speeds wrapped around a pole to anchor myself as I was attempting to get a slow enough shutter to exaggerate the sense of movement. The person is the background is the child's mother so I only had one chance per revolution to get the shot. Looking through the tiny viewfinder of the D70 under those conditions is a sure fire recipe for nausea. Needless to say, the D200's viewfinder will be a welcome relief.

As for the lens - I haven't really tested the lens for critical sharpness/contrast/color/bokeh etc., but the preformance at or near wide open in difficult conditions is encouraging.

6. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Great shot -- glad you told us his mom was the lady in the background -- that adds so much more to the picture (and my sense of awe at your ability to ignore the sensations your inner ear is sending)

I picked up a copy of that very lens earlier this week and look forward to some of the things I hope to do with it.