1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I took a picture today!

Discussion in 'People' started by Chad Gladstone, Nov 22, 2005.

1. After three weeks of inactivity (waiting for D200), I decided to borrow a D70 and test out my new Sigma 30mm f/1.4. Here is a fun shot (comments and critiques always welcome):
    [​IMG]

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Great shot

That is a great shot and shows what imo a good lens the Sigma is.

Love the colours - they seem to have come out really well.
    All the best

Ray

3. Great shot of a kid being a kid! The background came out well to draw attention to your son! Nicely done!!

4. Fun image Chad, I like it.

5. Thanks, appreciate the comments. You have no idea the position I had to get in to get this shot. I was hanging off the inside of the platform at dizzying speeds wrapped around a pole to anchor myself as I was attempting to get a slow enough shutter to exaggerate the sense of movement. The person is the background is the child's mother so I only had one chance per revolution to get the shot. Looking through the tiny viewfinder of the D70 under those conditions is a sure fire recipe for nausea. Needless to say, the D200's viewfinder will be a welcome relief.

As for the lens - I haven't really tested the lens for critical sharpness/contrast/color/bokeh etc., but the preformance at or near wide open in difficult conditions is encouraging.

6. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Great shot -- glad you told us his mom was the lady in the background -- that adds so much more to the picture (and my sense of awe at your ability to ignore the sensations your inner ear is sending)

I picked up a copy of that very lens earlier this week and look forward to some of the things I hope to do with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.