I took these at lunch today. Honest!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Jun 22, 2005.

1. All taken with my D2X, 500/4, 1.4x. Some capture work and cropping, but no other changes. The light was a little flat, but the opportunities were good.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's funny, I didn't see any picnic bench?

3. Sheesh, I didn't think about that. I guess I was mesmorised by over 200 herons and about 30 eagles.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Rory what is the second bird, and what the heck is he draging out of the water.. Maybe nesting material. Sure ain't no fish I ever saw. lololol

really great images. The GBH is clear as a razor.

Nice Eagle shots .. (got a bit of blue cast)

Deer is beautiful.

Well gee, guess I just like them all :>))

5. Great post Rory. It makes me want to take a ferry ride :) :)
    Looks like you had the same weather as us today Rory. I did find an Osprey nest today so I am hoping the weather will get a little better so as to get some pictures.

6. Great shots! where was this? Love number 2

7. Gee Rory, I have just got to get over for lunch with you sometime. What a great series of shots.

8. Shoal Island.

It is just north of Crofton, Andreas. You should pop up yourself. North of Crofton, take the first right (with a TimberWest sign) after you pass the pulp mill. Follow the road for about 2 km across the causeway and park before you get to the dry land sort.

9. The second is an immature bald eagle. I am not sure what they were grabbing amongst the seaweed. They would shake off the seaweed and eat whatever it was.

10. You definately have to come up and visit. I'm looking forward to seeing some Osprey shots!

11. Thanks Gordon. Wish I could count on this type of activity all the time...

12. What, you had a 6 hours lunch ?

Wow and wow again ...

13. Good line, Yves! :lol: I too am impressed with this set, Rory. All that activity nearby? I can see why you'd invest in the long gear... and you sure know how to use it, too. Brilliant! 8)

14. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Great shots. I like 2 & 7.
    I wish I could get shots like that at lunch.

15. He he. Just an hour. This kind of thing just doesn't happen to me, so I was on a high!

16. Wholly mackeral!! Awesome series Rory, beautifully done............and just to set this straight, I know what 1 hour BC time is all about. lmao!!!!!
    Man I got to go and try to shoot something at lunch hours now, what a combo and eagles to boot!!!!
    Great job

Keith

17. Rory, Your lunch breaks are sure a lot more interesting than mine!!

Incredible shots! The young eagle looks to be quite a bit older than the one I took on Monday in the nest here in Kamloops. They must nest a fair bit earlier down there. It'd be interesting to see what he's eating.

Is the 1st GBH regurgitating for young? You managed to get very close!

Thanks Rory for sharing these great shots! :) :)

18. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Incredible Rory!! I think that I do see a fish sort of sticking out of the grass. I am totally jealous. 8)

19. Rory very good composition, the last one is a premiere, the first time i see a bird wearing a swimsuit (the way the feather color against the pale color of the legs)

20. Just simply fantastic, what a oppurtunity you had and you nailed the captures for sure, great job