I took these at lunch today. Honest!

All taken with my D2X, 500/4, 1.4x. Some capture work and cropping, but no other changes. The light was a little flat, but the opportunities were good.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 10917

View attachment 10918

View attachment 10919

View attachment 10920

View attachment 10921

View attachment 10922

View attachment 10923

View attachment 10924

Rory what is the second bird, and what the heck is he draging out of the water.. Maybe nesting material. Sure ain't no fish I ever saw. lololol

really great images. The GBH is clear as a razor.

Nice Eagle shots .. (got a bit of blue cast)

Deer is beautiful.

Well gee, guess I just like them all :>))

Great post Rory. It makes me want to take a ferry ride :) :)
Looks like you had the same weather as us today Rory. I did find an Osprey nest today so I am hoping the weather will get a little better so as to get some pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
andreasb said:
Great shots! where was this? Love number 2
Shoal Island.

It is just north of Crofton, Andreas. You should pop up yourself. North of Crofton, take the first right (with a TimberWest sign) after you pass the pulp mill. Follow the road for about 2 km across the causeway and park before you get to the dry land sort.

Gale said:
Rory what is the second bird, and what the heck is he draging out of the water.. Maybe nesting material. Sure ain't no fish I ever saw. lololol

really great images. The GBH is clear as a razor.

Nice Eagle shots .. (got a bit of blue cast)

Deer is beautiful.

Well gee, guess I just like them all :>))
The second is an immature bald eagle. I am not sure what they were grabbing amongst the seaweed. They would shake off the seaweed and eat whatever it was.

james thiel said:
Great post Rory. It makes me want to take a ferry ride :) :)
Looks like you had the same weather as us today Rory. I did find an Osprey nest today so I am hoping the weather will get a little better so as to get some pictures.
You definately have to come up and visit. I'm looking forward to seeing some Osprey shots!

greyflash said:
Gee Rory, I have just got to get over for lunch with you sometime. What a great series of shots.
Thanks Gordon. Wish I could count on this type of activity all the time...

Boobie Joe said:
What, you had a 6 hours lunch ?

Wow and wow again ...
Good line, Yves! :lol: I too am impressed with this set, Rory. All that activity nearby? I can see why you'd invest in the long gear... and you sure know how to use it, too. Brilliant! 8)

Wholly mackeral!! Awesome series Rory, beautifully done............and just to set this straight, I know what 1 hour BC time is all about. lmao!!!!!
Man I got to go and try to shoot something at lunch hours now, what a combo and eagles to boot!!!!
Great job

Keith

Rory, Your lunch breaks are sure a lot more interesting than mine!!

Incredible shots! The young eagle looks to be quite a bit older than the one I took on Monday in the nest here in Kamloops. They must nest a fair bit earlier down there. It'd be interesting to see what he's eating.

Is the 1st GBH regurgitating for young? You managed to get very close!

Thanks Rory for sharing these great shots! :) :)

Incredible Rory!! I think that I do see a fish sort of sticking out of the grass. I am totally jealous. 8)

Rory very good composition, the last one is a premiere, the first time i see a bird wearing a swimsuit (the way the feather color against the pale color of the legs)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom