I tried again!

Discussion in 'People' started by Farmergirl, Jun 10, 2007.

1. So sunday was my Mom's b-day and as a present to her I took some pics of my family. I think they turned out alright but I know they could be better. Any CC is more than welcome as I always love to her what you have to say:biggrin:

[​IMG]
    David

[​IMG]
    Sharing wild Strawberries

[​IMG]
    Watcha thinking David

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and I will have more to post. But I need to do a bit of p/s first.

Sarah

2. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Hey Sarah, those are adorable child photos! All I can add is that you might want to increase the exposure on the children a bit more, maybe using your flash to fill it out or increase the exposure in Photoshop.

Try underexposing the background by a stop or two (-1eV) and use your SB-600 to light up the kids. This will make a much better contrast between them and the background (which should be darker).

Keep taking great photos!

3. Sarah, These are great...but I think the WB is just a little off...David looks a little off color. I also think you could crop them so that the subject is a little off-center...

Yours followed by my slight WB adjustment
    [​IMG]
    161794583-L.

What WB setting did you have? I remember my D70s was a little finicky with very green backgrounds...

I'll take down this pic if you don't want it posted...just let me know.

4. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    I agree about the WB. Everything looks a little cool (blue), especially the skintones. If you shoot in RAW, you can correct this much easier than if you shoot jpg.

5. Thanks for the w/b help. That is one thing I need to work on! I always keep my camera in auto wb. I went through and adjusted all the photos and they look a lot better.

Sarah