1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I try..

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by somethingreen, May 5, 2007.

1. somethingreen

somethingreen

May 3, 2007
    Norway
    I try to keep out of camera stores and not to look for new lenses..then what happens; my mom goes down to a store to pick up the 18-200mm (which they had), and when she unwrapped it, it turns out they gave her this instead;

484791974_959607c190.

Of course the day after, when we took it back (yep, got a real conscience :)  the 18-200mm was already sold. Oh well, got a craving for a new lens now.. I've been telling myself; it's too heavy and big, but just look how well it fitted my D80 =/

View attachment 93814

484791980_d74d271efc_b.

2. Is that a 105VR macro? Wow...

Not to burst your bubble but I think the 18-200 is bigger?

3. RexRoy

RexRoy

Jan 4, 2006
    New York
    actually, the 105VR is just a tad bit chubbier and longer than the 18-200VR, although the latter has larger filter size. go figure. :confused: 

B&H got a shipment of 18-200 the other day and was all sold out in a matter of few hours.

happy hunting! :biggrin:

4. somethingreen

somethingreen

May 3, 2007
    Norway

That's the one =)
    The 105VR is a bit bigger (of course it doesn't extend), and somewhat heavier than the 18-200, but that sure didn't scare me off, lol.

I've already got the 18-200, but the 105VR looked good too ;) 

5. That's just torture...giving you a great lens like that...and it not being the one you had bought.... Cruelty at it's highest!

6. somethingreen

somethingreen

May 3, 2007
    Norway
    cruelty

sure is, although I already have the 18-200, it's my mom who's now on the waiting list =)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.