1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I Want a 500mm f4 - Share Your Pics

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by degsy_safc, Jun 16, 2007.

1. degsy_safc

degsy_safc

Jun 12, 2007
    Sunderland UK
    Hi all,

Well this is the lens lust forum, now i've just got a severe dose of it!!!

Was shooting in a wildlife hide with my 300 f4 + Kenko 1.4 TC close to my home today when a chap came in with a 500 f4 on his D1X.

Anyway my 'lust' got the better of me and i asked if i could have a look / try his D1X and 500 - boy i wish i hadn't, that lens is absolutely fantastic - i'm now in the process of working out how to get one !!!!

Unfortunately i didn't dare ask to try the lens on my cam so haven't got any pics to display - but if there are any of you folk who use this lens would care to post pics in this thread please feel free :smile:

2. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Here is one I took from the top of University of Phoenix arena with the 500, ISO-800 f/4.
    PS. this lens is for sale on the big auction site.

80648959.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. I lusted forever for mine...finally got one. The 500 is fantastic to use, save, save, save....:Wink:

ospry1send.jpg

4. CAJames

CAJames

Sep 6, 2006
    Lompoc, CA
    Here is one with the 500mm AI-P. It is a great lens and (relatively) affordable compared to the AF versions.

[​IMG]

D2Hs + 500mm AI-P

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You really don't want to see....lol
    Put you 5 grand in the hole:>)))))))

I would love one also.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    ohhh ok just one

77278475.gif

7. degsy_safc

degsy_safc

Jun 12, 2007
    Sunderland UK
    WOW - those are all great shots, many thanks to you all for posting :) 

I now need to sort out a way to quickly save the money and how to float the idea past my wife - LOL

Once again, many thanks to you all for the pictures..

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Real tough to explain to a non photog that much money to take a pic...

lololol

Good luck

9. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Here is another with a 1.4 TC. And it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL. So I have been told.

65756532.gif

10. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Here is one of the first images I took with this lens, and D2H.

63530362.gif

11. This thread is killing me!! First I wanted the 300 2.8 and now I really want the 500 F4...ouch!! I wish those song birds and eagles were just a little closer...LOL!!

12. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Crystall, Well this is going to be painful for you. First I have the 500 on the big auction site, and I am now selling a 300 2.8 AFS-II since I just got a deal on the VR version.

Good luck, Larz

13. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Hey Larz,

Good luck selling your 500. I'm thrilled you got a deal on a 300VR!! Congrats! I am excited about that, too my 300VR from F15Todd arrives later today!!!

I look forward to seeing your posts with the 300VR!

14. Well, now ya'll got me wanting one! My 300mm even with a 1.7 TC just ain't long enough! Geez, why did I have to click on this thread! :eek: :Ouch::eek: 

15. And after you get a 500mm, you will want a 800mm ......

16. Guess it's a good thing I ain't got $$ - unless monopoly money counts!:rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.