I want my old flickr back!!!

Anyone else see the new hideous look that literally just came out about an hour ago? I'm done with them if I can't get the old look back.

Yeah - I like it actually. Wonder if I can change the size of the photos on my front page though

I can't find a way to change the size either. Try the full screen mode, the auto panning is cool. I just wish I had my original start page and can go to the new look when I want to. I hope this isn't permanent.

I am not sure I like it or dislike it but it is a lot friendlier with tablets and smartphones, maybe less so with PCs.

Oh I think it's a great new look, but that's just my opinion. And the fact that they give you 1 TB of free space ... that's neat! Not sure what that means for pro members though who were paying for the extra images.

Oh I think it's a great new look, but that's just my opinion. And the fact that they give you 1 TB of free space ... that's neat! Not sure what that means for pro members though who were paying for the extra images.

good point, I need to check but cannot find the account settings link...

got it, still plenty of benefits with the Pro account, which are avai
able to renew but not purchase anew.

I might have to read this carefully then

http://www.flickr.com/help/limits/#150582914

I don't look at the 1TB as a benefit to me as all my images are loaded 1024x768. Putting full size images on flickr with all the security holes is asking to get your originals stolen. Full sized images are stored securely elsewhere. I'm sure there are a lot of neat and useful stuff for the power user, but it is a bit much for me.

seems to me that the new pricing options are not as favourable as the old Pro account.

good point, I need to check but cannot find the account settings link...

got it, still plenty of benefits with the Pro account, which are avai
able to renew but not purchase anew.

I might have to read this carefully then

http://www.flickr.com/help/limits/#150582914

I went through it real quick and it seems they want to go ad based so I guess I will be updating the firewall to kill the crap.

On a positive, 200MB per image is sweet! Now I can share my pano shots as a lot are near 200MB. Those D800 files add up quickly.

they are trying to copy 500px. Not a good change in my opinion.

I don't know but I refuse to pay $50 a year to not look at ads. I must already have them blocked in my firewall as I haven't seen a single one yet. The ones that sneak through will be blocked.

am I the only one to think that some companies in "the cloud" have no sustainable business model and are looking for suckers, sorry VCs to buy them out?
Sorry, that is not fair on VCs...

I will not be extending my Pro account once it has expired. There are enough price increases for everything else in life, I do not need another ... :rolleyes:

seems to me that the new pricing options are not as favourable as the old Pro account.

Yes but apparently you can keep renewing your old pro account under the same conditions as before (no ads, no upload limits). They just don't offer it to new customers anymore. I will probably do that when mine is due.

I really do like the new front page and the infinite scrolling feature. Makes it a lot easier to scroll to someones photos, which was something that always bothered me about the old style flickr.

I am not sure I like it or dislike it but it is a lot friendlier with tablets and smartphones, maybe less so with PCs.

Yeah - I'd imagine tablet and smartphone users were the target. My computer is not liking the new flickr pages. I'm not liking them either. I'll be gone if they decide to favor the tablet crowd and not have an option for those still using traditional computers.

Real Name
Paul
Their iPad app is really bad. It's really just an iPhone app. If someone has something better for viewing Flickr on an iPad please let me know.

The new layout looks good on my ipad, until I try to navigate . Ugh, slow and confusing. The "share" button does not seem to work properly on iOS Safari, but works on Chrome for iOS.

The best Flickr app I have come up with is flickrstackr. I liked i because the old Flickr website was not ipad friendly.

new layout looks good up front, navigation seems horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom