I want Nikkor 12-24 f/4, 18-70 can do nice but wider will probaly kick.

In about 2-4 weeks I will goto the states. I will pick up a 12-24 nikkor. Which I look forward to. But at the meantime I play along with my 18-70 mm. I love shooting architecture. It really rocks my swedish boat. I love sweden, because today I went to a neighboor town which my father and nephew live in. We went to "Kulturen Lund" which translates to "The culture Lund". I can just say I am so blown away from my heritage. We Swedish people arnt very patriot people. We dont care even when it is our national day. We even took away the holiday as none celebrated it.

But today I felt proud of my country. I am proud off our state that has laws that protected all this great old cultural buildings. I guess today I found a new love for my 18-70 and my heritage. Both my father and I was educating my nephew on our history.

I really lust for the 12-24, but I am always think I maybe can sqeeze a bit more out my 18-70.

I would say that Nikon makes great kit lenses. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the 18-70 for any newbie. But I now want more as my snapshots have some distortion. Also to be able to go wider. As architecture is my passion I hope at least the 12-24 will perform good in my newbie. I cant to visit the states. Love the states. Will snap alot photos.

Here is some snapshots from today. I excuse some minor compositions that could be better. As I cant just stop when we where moving around. So I had to make really fast decesions.

lund_(1_of_4).jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lunds Cathedral that date back 900 years.

lund_(3_of_4).jpg

Old farmers house, would guess around 300 years old.

lund_(4_of_4).jpg

Old smith house, built with typical southern sweden building style. With timber framing. This house was the fashion in the late 1800 and early 1900. Many people in Sweden value this house type. As they are modernized and keep the beutiful timberframing, which the timber is usually colored red with white walls. In this case it wasnt..

lund_(2_of_4).jpg

Typical farmer house. Just beutiful when the wood gets older. Think it was from the 1800.

Very nice photos from a wonderful country! Thanks for sharing the images with us. Hope you will enjoy the Nikkor 12-24 lens. I have the Tokina 12-24 and really like it a lot. Happy Shooting! Bill P.

Latest threads

Top Bottom