I want Spring today -- not tomorrow -- today

I'm so sick of winter ...
Saturday -- almost 50 -- tons of snow melted ...
Sunday -- nice start to the day -- almost all the snow outback melted and even thinking about going to the zoo ...
Sunday late afternoon some snow and ice --- by nightfall just snow ... by 10pm I'd already shoveled the back deck off 3 times ...
wake up to 18" of snow this morning --- ripping winds --- pretty much blizzard conditions .... we moved our car to the end our our driveway (300' driveway) and when I walked down the driveway to try to get my wife to work the snow drifts were waist deep ....

Spring can't come fast enough ---
Just a rant ( ahhhh there I feel better) ...

ron

Awww...and some of us down here in South Texas want to see snow. Well then I won't tell you that here in Texas it's going to be a high of 70. Also my grass is turning green...and the dogwood trees are blooming.
:smile:

Wasn't that bad in Hamilton, but when I woke up I was slightly startled to see the piles of snow lying outside, since it had all but melted on Saturday.

Needless to say it's in the process of melting again and should be mostly gone by Thursday, only to make a dramatic comeback this weekend, I'm sure ;)

Well, I'm in the Dallas area - daffodils are blooming, my grass is turning green, been sitting on the patio sipping iced tea, sounds like you live in the wrong end of the country! Hang in there, it will get better!

What is this "snow" thing you speak of? :biggrin: Don't feel so bad; I'm sure all of us wearing shorts outside now here in Florida will be complaining as soon as hurricane season starts!

p.s. I was hoping to take my kids up north for a few days so they could see snow; they have never seen snow and I have no way of describing it to them! Unfortunately, the only time off I might have will be during summer time. :frown:

p.s. I was hoping to take my kids up north for a few days so they could see snow; they have never seen snow and I have no way of describing it to them! Unfortunately, the only time off I might have will be during summer time. :frown:

Fly to Calgary and then drive upto the Columbia Icefields - if you're a little bit lucky, you will see snow on the ground on Hwy 93 North (Icefields Parkway) - there are areas there that have snow till early June), and I am pretty sure you'll see some on the glacier (the Icefields are the glacier)...

Thanks everybody for letting me throw off a little steam ...
Was finally able to get 2 swatches thru the driveway with the snowblower so my wife can walk down to the car to go to work tomorrow and should be able to open it up completely tomorrow ....
I think as I get older I hate the winters more every year .... actually I don't hate winter ... I hate it when we have heavy snow followed by wind and the last 2 times it's happened during the night so I wake up with a fully closed driveway that even the snowplow on the truck can't handle ....
At least I'm seeing some pre-season baseball on TV so I know spring is'nt too far away ....
I HOPE ---

ron

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom