I wanted a Nikon Df...

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Jonathan F/2, Aug 8, 2017.

1. ...but dressing up my D750 will have to do! :D

35642373843_65361ddc0b_b.
    d750_dressup
    by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

I picked up a faux leather half case from Ebay for my D750 because there are times when I shoot and I don't want to have my cameras full gripped, but I wanted some protection for the camera base when setting my camera down in the field.

BTW - My D750 has mounted a Japan import 50mm 1.8 AI-S with an all-metal barrel (unlike the more common plastic 50mm 1.8 AI-S or the 50mm Series E) + JJC metal hood meant for the Canon 40mm 2.8 STM. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I like the looks of the half case!

3. Very cute

4. Looks like it was made from left over seat materials from a boy-racer car! :eek::rolleyes:

Actually, it is rather a nice simple setup, and as Jim notes, like what we used to get in the good old days!

5. Both my D750 bodies came up as needing servicing. I'll probably drive down to Nikon one of these days when I'm not busy and drop them off. :D

6. BrianVS

BrianVS

Mar 15, 2017
    Virginia
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I'm super tempted, but my Sony A7 II is sort of my Nikon backup + adapted lens camera body. I have a Nikon to Sony AF adapter and the Techart Pro adapter that allows me to gain AF across the board. :D

8. I'm also looking for a DF. The half-case will not satisfy my desire.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There are a couple listed on Fred Miranda for good prices. :D

10. I've been lurking. I'm still waiting to pick a nice one up under $1k. Perhaps after the D850 is released. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. There are probably quite a few of us with the same idea Mitch :)

By the time I actually get ready to buy one, the DFs will be announced ...

12. That will really drive the price down!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I really miss my silver Df. I replaced it with the D810 which wins in all technical factors, yet significantly trails the Df in one major aspect---- the FUN factor. The Df is just so much fun to use.

14. Nikon does need to make more "fun" equipment. All work and no play! I do like the D750 though, it's actually one of my favorite Nikon bodies to date. I just wish it looked more like the Df with all the D750 guts! :D

15. That might be the Dfs, if it is ever made! I got to handle a Df a while back and really liked it, but do not want to think about another camera body to add my wish list.....

16. This is a Gariz half-case. Watching KEH and the boards, I bought both black and brown versions (to match my wingtips...) for under $50. Still my favorite camera ever for portraits.

19787362_10211819515995649_3982995474248809311_o.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1