I was just quoted a trade in price of $900 for my D2H!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, May 4, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Man, did that ever burst my bubble! I was pondering trading in my D2H for a new D2Hs, but after getting that sht trade in price of $900, against the full retail price of $3500 for the 2Hs, plus tax, I'm, (in my best George H Bush voice: "Not gunna do it, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture."
    Now, about that 200 f2 VR................

2. Steve,

Why don't you sell it on E-bay or here. Trade-Ins are always notorious for customers. Its the same principle for car trade-ins or anything you trade.

900$...Ouch

3. That's really and insulting offer and perhaps something you should consider when dealing with them in the future.

JohnG

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Did you do the hand gestures? ;)

5. My local camera store (huge in Toronto) has a policy that if you trade your camera in within one year of purchase, you will automatically get back 50% of purchase price. I don't even want to think about depreciation :(

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Steve the D2hs should would be nice, but with the D2x and the D2h in your bag now and only getting $900 for the D2h...I would just hold on to it.

I think my upcoming move is taking place at the right time. I know if I didn't have to worry about getting a new house, car and all the other stuff that goes with a move my head would be spinning with what to do
    • Get a D2x
    • Get a D2hs
    • Get a 300mm f/2.8 VR
    • Get a 200mm f/2 VR

7. If you sold it privately you could easily get 15-1800 for it..