I was minding my own business when....

Real Name
Dan
This guy cruised by. I've never been able to get close enough to a loon for a decent shot. This one swam by within reasonable distance calling constantly. I think he was complaining because we had just pulled into his little bay and dropped anchor. I just had time to grab the camera and fire a few frames. Lighting was terrible but the water was awesome. I edited it on my uncalibrated laptop so have no idea what it looks like to anyone else :rolleyes:

1)
p3932077001-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) And this guy was minding his own business when we cruised by. We see dozens of harbor seals every trip. This one looked like it wanted its picture taken.
p3932076972-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Terrific images Dan. That second shot is made even better with the other seal off in the right hand corner peaking his head of the rock. Very well done.
Thanks, Louie. There were several more seals there but they never all look at the same time so I picked one to isolate. Just lucked up and caught the second one peeking.
Love the second shot...inquisitive seals.
Thanks, Bob.
Very nice images Dan. The ones in #2 are very cute, they made me smile.
Glad you enjoyed them, Binnur.

Real Name
Dan
Agreed with all of the above!
Thanks, Mike.
I agree with Louie on 2. I had missed the second seal on my first quick look.

Loons are fun. Glad you got some shots off.
Thanks, Allan. I'm amazed how those guys lay up on those rocks on top of barnacles and everything else to relax.
Fun images, well done.
Thanks, Gordon.
Good timing on each image.
Number 2 for me.
Nicely done.?
Thanks for commenting.

Latest threads

Top Bottom