I was out with the Canonites on Sunday

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, Dec 5, 2005.

1. And as usual we found a frozen waterfall...Good hike in...windchill was ~25 below Centigrade.
    Had to bushwack to get out cause the trails were flooded and iced over.

[​IMG]

A lonely pine cicle struggling for existence
    [​IMG]

The Canonites
    [​IMG]

Staff Parking
    [​IMG]

Bohdan Bob

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Bohdan,

Nice series of images. I especially like the first one. Just think about it, spring is just around the cornor :smile:

Regards

RFC

3. Thanks Robert....that must be a very large corner!

Bohdan Bob

4. photosketch

photosketch Guest

Great shots, #1 is a definate fave!

5. Bob,

The first shot is great, but the I like the last shot, too. LOL

6. Excellent photos Bob... it seems that you broke the ice with the Cononites ha?... :wink:

Great staff you had there... however, I prefer telescopic...

7. Thanks....It's my favourite as well.

Bob

8. I couldn't resist with the last shot...I found the "staves" and the sign beckoned.

Bob

9. Thanks Panos...the Staff....was a foundling... not sure whether mother nature could provide telescopice branches.

As far as the Canonites go...someone had to keep them in line...otherwise they would have froze to death.

Bob

10. Wow! Hard to believe it's that cold there already! Yikes! :eek: Glad I live in Florida!! :wink:

Great pics!

11. Cold enough Kevin...at times it makes me want to move down to Florida.

bob

12. Your first image is a WOW for sure and you are to be commended for getting out in that kind of weather. Like the rest as well.

13. Thanks again Gordon for your kind words.

Bohdan Bob

14. Hey Bob

Flew over that waterfall in a helicopter in September - it is very impressive.

15. Yes it really is, and it makes for a nice little hike.

Bob

16. Whew!! you scared me for a minute. I was expecting a photo of drooling, snarling, knuckle dragging, Neanderthals with funny named cameras:biggrin: . Thanks for setting me straight, and also for keeping those canon boys in line. Just for fun whose equipment held up best in the cold??

17. Nice series, and the first one is beautiful. Certainly looks..... freezing.

18. Actually they were having a lot more problems with their batteries than I did..
    But otherwise they had great equipment as well. a 5D and a 20D.

Bob

19. Thanks Phil....had two pairs of gloves on...Didn't leave them off for long to take pictures...But you know...we really didn't mind that much...It was an incredible just being out to marvel at the strength of nature.

Bob

20. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    Wow!
    I have to give you an A-plus just for going out in that weather! :wink:

They are very nice and made me a little chilly looking at them!