I was punished today!

I was granted the honor and priveledge of watching a Tri Colored Heron fishing for an hour this morning. This little guy/gal:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Busy little beaver it was, fishing non-stop and with an estimated 75% success rate (I'm surprised it could even lift off by the end of the episide). I got wonderful pre-strike shots, post-strike shots, fish-in-beaks shots and 6 or 7 "strike" shots. The only strike shot that is half-ways decent appears next (of course a fly-away and not a fly-towards or even a fly-across)

Here is an example of one of the "good" strike that got away from me.

I was punished for my inattention to the details of camera operation. DON'T let it happen to you.

Ouch Nick. I really like that first shot, though. Happens to me too - like the ISO 1000 beaver I posted. Like I say, sometimes you take great photos. And sometimes you have fun trying. I don't even have a photo of a tri-color yet, so you're doing better than me!

They are fun to watch dancing all over the place. The snowy and the redish heron do it as well.

Nice shots.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom