I was waiting for two months to post this...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Panos Kazanelis, Mar 22, 2005.

1. The reason is I didn't want to sound ...extravagant nor to ...mock any members... half burried in snow... :D

So, now that a few have started to post Spring Photos, this is our "two months old spring" here in Cyprus... 8)

Everywhere you look, it's like that...
    original.
    View attachment 6489
    View attachment 6490

I took my first swim at the sea on March 1st... Today, is close to 26C - 77F... :wink:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow just beautiful.. What a wonderful place Cyprus seems to be.

Thank You for sharing.

Would love to see more images from you beautiful location.

Cheers
    Gale

3. Well Gale I'll try my best... actually I'm seriously thinking of getting the 12-24... it seems my 17-35 is too ...narrow for the landscapes we have over here... :wink: (how did my excuse sound?)

...if you ever visit Cyprus you'll see what I'm talking about! Actually, if you ever visit Cyprus it will be the first gale on the Island... although they use gales in the summer salads... hmmm :roll:

4. We're having a late winter here in the Washington D.C. area. The Jonquils are poking their green leaves through the ground, but no flowers yet.

Your posts look beautiful. I spent a lot of time in your part of the world as a young navy pilot. Athens, Rhodes, Istanbul, Thessalonika, Beirut (yeah, a LONG time ago). They say the sky is the bluest anywhere there.

Rich

5. Thanks Panos!! All of the Spring pictures in the Cafe are very appropriate at this time. I enjoy looking at the wonderful flowers and GREEN GREEN grass in your shots............COME ON SPRING!!! Hurry up!!! :) :) :) :) :)

6. Thanks Rich... I'm sure the sun will get his way over DC soon...
    Well, you might be right about the bluest skies... you see the sky -mainly- reflects the color of the ground or sea, we are surrounded by shallow blue sea, so there must a truth in that. Also we are very close to the tropic of cancer and the equator (both celestial and ground).
    Another very interesting issue is the "quality of the air" and I'm refering to the amount of oxygen per meter or foot. You see when sky diving we can go up to 20,000ft without the use of oxygen, where in Florida we had to use oxygen from 14-15,000ft... :idea:

7. Hmmm! Mediterranean spring - unrivaled! Please Panos, have pity, you know how I miss it; Greece, Sardegna, Turkey, Tunisia, Dalmatia, everywhere spring looks and smells similar, yet slightly different. And in combination with the right food or drink...... o.k. I go and book a flight now!
    BTW - the 12-24 should do really well in such an environment.
    regards

8. Harry... once you taste it you never forget it, ha...? :D
    It seems that you need a Mediterraneous Spingous TimeOffous... :wink:
    Yeap, the 12-24 is in my hot list... as we speak I'm playing with my mouse over the "complete the order" button... :roll: