I went crazy

Well, I finally did it. Using the excuse of two wedding, a trip to Sweden, I convinced my wife (and myself), that I just had to have two more lenses. So I have bought a 28mm f1.4D and a 85 f1.4D to complete my collection. I better take some really good wedding pictures.

Gil

Congratulations Gil!! You must be totally thrilled. :lol: Now show us some killer shots. :wink:

Frank

gmaker1 said:
Well, I finally did it. Using the excuse of two wedding, a trip to Sweden, I convinced my wife (and myself), that I just had to have two more lenses. So I have bought a 28mm f1.4D and a 85 f1.4D to complete my collection. I better take some really good wedding pictures.
Gil :

Nothing crazy about it, chum. Now if you buy those lenses and never use them, now that's crazy.

Shoot well.

John P.

I went through the same madness a few months ago, bought both lenses at a two month interval. Up to present, I don't regret it at all.
Two examples:
85/1.4 at f 1.4
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

28/1.4; 1/10s (handheld) at f 2.5
This photo is not a real winner but it shows that handholding this lens at long shutter speeds is probably easier than with any other lens.

More pics with the 28/1.4 can be seen here (just in case you are interested what awaits you)
http://www.pbase.com/rovebeetle/vienna
Cheers

gmaker1 said:
I convinced my wife (and myself), that I just had to have two more lenses. So I have bought a 28mm f1.4D and a 85 f1.4D...
Gil, that was a very good choice!!! I regret the day when I was "forced" to sell my 28mm f/1.4... It was attached to my on-sale F4s when I demonstrated it to a prospect and he insisted on buying both... @##^@$*$ how stupid of me... how could I expected... I should use the 50mm f/1.8 instead... :?

Post some shots soon... or my LLD will drive my right index on the left side of my mouse right on the "click here to buy" button of B&H... :D

gil...where did you go to buy them?...i want to get them too...just trying to find a good place for a great deal

mrdinh:

Both were used. I bought the 85 on Ebay. I purchased the 28 at KEH.com. This is a site that mostly sells used equipment. You have keep checking to see what they have because the equipment goes very fast. So far, though, the weather has been terrible so I have not been able to try out either lens yet.

Gil

28mm 1.4D

Got the 28mm today in the mail. Ran out in the backyard and tried a few sample pics. Not the best, but I am looking forward to using this lens. This is Jake, the dog.

Interesting! All sudden everyone are getting the 28. I'm sorry I got mine about two weeks ago too.

D2H, 28mm @ f1.4

Gil,

Congratulations……

These are my two favorite lenses. I am sure you will enjoy them very much. I must warn you there is only one lens to buy after that that will ever come close to their quality.

200 f/2

GenoP

Nikon D70 ,Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D IF AF
1/320s f/2.0 at 85.0mm

Nikon D2x ,Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D AF
1/40s f/2.0 at 28.0mm iso400
View attachment 6825

Nikon D70 ,Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED AF-S VR
1/160s f/2.0 at 200.0mm
View attachment 6826

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom