I Will Miss This Forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greg, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Some of you may have missed my posts and others perhaps not. At any rate I do enjoy the forum but alas I will be tied up for the next 4-6 weeks to the extent that my time to visit will be greatly reduced.

I have finally bought a house in the great STATE of TENNESSEE. YaHoo.

Fortunatley or Unfortunately, depending on who does the work, I latched onto a repo at a great price that will also allow me to repair it without being upside down. Folks, this place was a wreck. the major items I am replacing are HVAC, Roof, kitchen (mold) and ALL the windows.

I will try to stop in from time to time and will make an honest effort to particiapte in the great challenges. In the meantime, here are a couple snaps of the kitchen.

before we started on the kitchen.
    [​IMG]

Surprises behind the walls in the form of multiple layers and old building materials (fiberboard). Nothin nasty to our health yet.
    [​IMG]

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Well, enjoy your remodelling, and when you are done, show us the before and after shots!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Greg,
    Thats great.. Hope all goes well with the remodeling. I know it is alot of hard work and very time consuming.

Keep in touch and show us your great work as you go along.

Best wishes to you and yours.

4. From one Greg to Another,
    I recently remodeled, gutted and replaced kitchen, all interior and exterior doors, all baseboard, all trim, all flooring, fireplace face and mantle, while living in the house. No general contractor. The only things I did was demolition, clean up and wiring.

You didn't mention if you are living there, if not no big deal. But if you are take my advice and don't try to do all the work yourself. Choose the things you are best at and hire subs. I completed the project in 8 weeks, kitchen was done in the first three. Wife is happy. Momma happy, eveybody happy.
    Good luck, Greg

5. return as soon as you can, enjoy having you around.
    Dave

6. Here is some incentive, before & after

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Before you had a wife, not after?!?!? :rolleyes: :wink: :tongue:

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Best of luck in your endeavors, Greg. I can see that your days will be filled with hard work, but the end result should be quite dramatic. Be careful and stay with your vision!

9. Beezle, It took awhile to sink in, very funny, I liked it.

10. Good luck and see you when you get back.

11. Good luck in your efforts, just concentrate on how much you're increasing the equity *said like a true real estate agent! LOL * One suggestion: renovate the master bedroom first so you've got a nice, clean place to sleep at night.... Keep showing us the progress...

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Greg,

I tried to call you this weekend, but you wouldn't answer your phone. I knew that you were busy, but just wanted to check on your progress in your new place. Now I see. :eek:

Stay in touch pal. :smile:

13. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Greg,
    Congrats on the new house and good luck with the remodelling. Looks like you will be busy for a while. Drop in and say hello every once in a while.

If you want me to keep one of your D2H's warm while you're busy, let me know. I hear they are kind of like cars - they quit working if they go too long without being used.:biggrin:

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

15. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

I was just asking Patrick the other day where you were! I hadn't seen you on the cafe in a while and started to worry...Glad to hear about the new house, but take it easy w/the remodel!

Take care and come back home to us when you have time!

16. Good luck with the remodel. It will be a lot of hard work but rewarding as well.

17. Good luck Greg. It looks like you are in for a workout on this house. Hope to see more pictures when you come back.