I will never go staff again!

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Jonathan F/2, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Within the last couple of months, I'm finally seeing profit as a freelance photographer! Yay! I swear, it was the toughest thing to do, but once you take the plunge and get over the initial period of hardship, it is the best decision I could of made for myself. Anybody considering photography as a profession should really consider the freelance route. In the short-term it is extremely hard, and I had to scrape pennies to survive. But it is paying off nicely now. Every shot I take, gives me satisfaction knowing that I'm working for myself. Everyday, is great day to go to work knowing that I'm going to work because I want to. I'm even hiring my own employee! And my goal for 2006 is double my profit margin!

Anyways, there are many niches in our profession, you will never win competing with the big boys, but if you find your niche like I have...push your advantages and exploit the weaknesses of your competition. That is the only way to make it in this business! Oh it helps to have a few screws loose in your brain! hahahaha!

2. Glad you are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. This is a gutsy move and you were brave to attempt it. still looking for my niche, but enjoying the pursuit.
    Dave

3. Way to go Jonathan and good luck.

4. CliffCheney

CliffCheney Guest

freelancer

I just jumped myself. I quit my 12 year staff job at the end of October. I haven't gotten scared yet. I guess when my war chest savings gets low i will worry.

What have you found to be the best choice for freelance medical insurance?

5. Best choice is not to get hurt! :p

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Cliff,
    Wishing you great success.

7. CliffCheney

CliffCheney Guest

Hehehe. Yeah... I was thinking that on Wed. when I was standing between Anti-War protestors and a row of 30+ county sheriffs who lined up to remove them from a road near President Bush's ranch. They actually were very restrained in their police action. But, let me tell you even the big network guys gave them a wide berth when they first arrived.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I will need some coverage.

8. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    Nice shots, Cliff

You did a great job of showing the action.