1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I wonder if these are scams.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Monterey Jack, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Whatever they were, they've gone now.....

2. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    Rhetorical question, right? I didn't click them but can tell you they were scams or a vindictive soon to be ex-spouse. The scammer will tell you they've been transferred to London and will use some outfit like USX or something to complete the transaction and get the goods to you. I messed with one of them once, telling him my parents had taken me when I was 9 years old, a few decades ago. I talked about enjoying the Trevi Fountain across the street from Buckingham Palace when we watched the changing of the guard. He said he like that too (and didn't tell me the fountain isn't in front of the palace since it's in Italy). Then I told him my best friend is a petroleum engineer and goes to London every 4 weeks so I'd have him bring the cash and pick up the gear. Never got another email after that one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.