1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I wouldn't do it even if I could get away with it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Buckley, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Now that I've been able to study Connie's photos more closely, I'm reasonably confident that at least parts if not everything about the two bottles was done on a computer without any need for photography. The water droplets were surely created on a computer in their own layer, as they are in the exact same place on both labels.

2. Huh, that's interesting..... Well, as you had initially pointed out, indeed, to me it definitely looks as though the bubbles are indeed the same in both images of both bottles.....some tricky image manipulation going on there? A "bubble / water drops" layer in Photoshop, perhaps? Maybe they photographed each bottle separately and then in the editing/retouching process added the bubbles/water drops to each, not thinking that anyone would catch the fact that they are the exactly the same!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  3. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRxKLtlBcESCUgTz9ro7l3pMtGsF6VvDMNSqmXv6BpLHrPZ-uE.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    I think you are right. The entire thing looks digitally created, bottles and all.

5. Isn't it possible that one photographed bottle (droplets and all) was generated, and then everything else was created via computer?

6. Yes, that's possible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. You don't live in a college town. ;) 

I thought so too, Nick. You obviously haven't been retired very long.:p 

8. LOL!!! Good point, Jim! I'll bet you have seen some real doozies of outfits!!! Closest school to me is George Mason University, which is about five or eight miles down the road, and so the town of Fairfax would be treated to some interesting sights.....

9. When I arrived in the Washington, D.C. area in 1972, see-through blouses were the rage of Georgetown University co-eds bar hopping and window shopping in Georgetown. I was also straight out of college but nobody dressed that way where I went to school. It could be that the national headquarters of the Women's Christian Temperance Union, which was located there, had something to do with that. :ROFLMAO: 

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Kroger store we frequent is surrounded by student housing and the campus is only a couple of blocks away. You'd be surprised at what the students show up in.

11. Couldn't be any worse than some of the attire I see at Walmart.

12. Oh boy . . . where do I start?
    Never mind. Let's just say that standards and morals have changed. Everything noted above is true here, in one of our most conservative states.
    Times change, and we should too.

13. Nick, never if this is the standard. Check out the hysterical checker.
    c78e9a210860a7e16c92f49ed439d3d1.

14. mrbeal

mrbeal

Jun 13, 2011
    Norwell,MA
    I didn't read through all the posts but has anyone stopped to think the water droplets are in the same place because they are the same bottle with labels and caps swapped?

15. without disturbing the drops?

16. mrbeal

mrbeal

Jun 13, 2011
    Norwell,MA
    Photoshop the label/cap swap ;) 

17. The whole thing is photoshopped! :***:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ah, but if you had read all of the posts, you'd know that there has been not just a post but an entire discussion about that. Another way of putting it: yes, people stopped to think. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. That was my thought..done digitally of course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.