ICC Profiles

Perhaps someone would be so kind as to remind me where to install custom ICC printing profiles for use in Photoshop. It has been so long since I installed one I have forgotten how it is done. White Custom Color lab
http://www.whcc.com/
now has profiles for use when edititing and I have downloaded the Profile (WinRar file) but I can't remember where it is 'unzipped' to.
Thanks for any help!
Jarrell

Jarrell said:
Perhaps someone would be so kind as to remind me where to install custom ICC printing profiles for use in Photoshop. It has been so long since I installed one I have forgotten how it is done. White Custom Color lab
http://www.whcc.com/
now has profiles for use when edititing and I have downloaded the Profile (WinRar file) but I can't remember where it is 'unzipped' to.
Thanks for any help!
Jarrell
If you have Windows XP or 2000, you can unzip your profiles anywhere, right click on the profile and choose Install...it will install it in the appropriate folder.

Thanks Rich and Vinod. Vinod, it was knowing the correct folder to unzip it to that was the problem and I think Rich has the solution (for Windows users, that is.
I appreciate it.
Jarrell

Hey Rich, we don't just like you 'cause you're smart....you're good looking too. :lol:

Jarrell said:
Thanks Rich and Vinod. Vinod, it was knowing the correct folder to unzip it to that was the problem and I think Rich has the solution (for Windows users, that is.
I appreciate it.
Jarrell
Hi Jarrell,
Right clicking and choosing install puts the profile in the directory that Rich has mentioned ( C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color ). That way you don't have to remember the location...I know I am lazy. :D
BTW, I have a few prints made from WHCC and I must say I am quite impressed.

Vinod Menon said:
Jarrell said:
I appreciate it.
Jarrell
Hi Jarrell,
Right clicking and choosing install puts the profile in the directory that Rich has mentioned ( C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color ). That way you don't have to remember the location...I know I am lazy. :D
BTW, I have a few prints made from WHCC and I must say I am quite impressed.
Vinod.. thanks! Did you see where they've started using profiles other than sRGB?
Jarrell

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom