ICC Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Perhaps someone would be so kind as to remind me where to install custom ICC printing profiles for use in Photoshop. It has been so long since I installed one I have forgotten how it is done. White Custom Color lab
    http://www.whcc.com/
    now has profiles for use when edititing and I have downloaded the Profile (WinRar file) but I can't remember where it is 'unzipped' to.
    Thanks for any help!
    Jarrell

2. C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color

Is this what you're looking for?

Rich

3. If you have Windows XP or 2000, you can unzip your profiles anywhere, right click on the profile and choose Install...it will install it in the appropriate folder.

4. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Thanks Rich and Vinod. Vinod, it was knowing the correct folder to unzip it to that was the problem and I think Rich has the solution (for Windows users, that is.
    I appreciate it.
    Jarrell

5. It's nice to have Rich around Jarrell, he is a knowledgeable guy.

6. Aw shucks! :oops:

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Rich, we don't just like you 'cause you're smart....you're good looking too. :lol:

8. Hi Jarrell,
    Right clicking and choosing install puts the profile in the directory that Rich has mentioned ( C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color ). That way you don't have to remember the location...I know I am lazy. :D
    BTW, I have a few prints made from WHCC and I must say I am quite impressed.

9. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Vinod.. thanks! Did you see where they've started using profiles other than sRGB?
    Jarrell

10. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    He is a handsome devil isn't he. He'd better be glad I'm a guy! :)
    Jarrell