Ice forming -black and white conversion -added crop

I posted the colour version of this shot in the landscape forum. I thought I might like to see how it looked in black and white.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I prefer the first photo in this thread. The ice on the foreground piece of wood is interesting and that foreground interest makes the image seem more three-dimensional to me. Having said that, there are probably lots of viable crops with this image and all the versions will be very appealing.

I prefer the first photo in this thread. The ice on the foreground piece of wood is interesting and that foreground interest makes the image seem more three-dimensional to me. Having said that, there are probably lots of viable crops with this image and all the versions will be very appealing.
I'm of two minds here ( or as my wife says...well..we won't go there:) ) My eye is drawn to the wood in the foreground in #1 where as in #2 I like how it appears that the embryonic ice floes are "flowing" out into the lake where they will grow into a more substantial ice formation
Ignore those of us who prefer the monochrome version and go with the color version. You've got more at stake with that decision. :D
LOL nothing to worry about...I have my preferences and my wife has hers. Course hers are always right in the end ( she's looking over my shoulder as I type this....)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom