Ice on the rock

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Yesterday i went back on the east side of the river to take pictures, it was very cold and windy, I used the 85 micro nikkor. The sun is down now at 15:00 (3 pm).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really like the first on Gilles.

Ice and cold. uuuugggg

3. Something unusual - well not for too long ! I like the abstracted vision you propose. Very tight on the highlights maybe ?

4. I must say that I had a little problem with the highlight that are too bright, those were taken with the sun at a very low angle. For that picture that's the only angle i found that let the red around the ice stand out.

[​IMG]

5. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Actually, the second one, toned wat down (to pastels) would make an awesome PowerPoint background.

6. The second one looks very slippery and reminds me of the days I used to live in a cold snowy State and believe me, I don't miss it. BTW, where were these taken?

7. The second picture can be a little darker, i will try to reprocess it.

The pictures were taken along the river St-Maurice on the lower side of a dam. I was very careful where i step on the rock because there's a lot of ice. I will try to go back on the weekend to take pictures will all the snow that fell yesterday and it's suppose to be sunny.

For a map of the place in PDF look at that site and choose "feuillet 7" choose the yellow star in the middle of the river in the lower third and push on the + buttom to enlarge it the place is call La Gabelle.

http://www.uqtr.ca/cgdbr/publi.htm

8. Great abstract Gilles, always like you keen eyes for details.

They look cold alright, the last time I looked there were some ice in our fridge... ;-). I must say I have no idea what it feels like to be in a cold climate as such.

Regards,
    Jonathan